SEGA Master System

Associate
Anyone still play on theirs? It was my first console in the late 1980's and i still love it. As i've grown up i've started building up a collection as you can see in the pictures below.

The console and accessories pictured are the ones i use. Not pictured I also have a mint boxed Sega Master System Plus console package which is safely in storage.

You can see that i have some very rare games such as Phantasy Star, Ultima IV and Golden Axe Warrior which fetch some very high prices on e-bay.

Coming soon i'll have 2 rapid fire units and yet more games including Rainbow Islands and Zillion.

Am i the only one with this crazy obsession with the SMS?!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd say you're nuts, but not for having an obession with the SMS ;)

Nice collection, didn't know you had all that! I know you've got loads of dreamcast stuff though. My first console was the Megadrive :/

Man of Honour
I had one. It was crap but I didnt realise it.

A few years ago came the crushing realisation that my parents having bought me a Master system in 1992 was like them having bought me a PS1 in 2002 :(

Don
[TW]Fox;15148959 said:

A few years ago came the crushing realisation that my parents having bought me a Master system in 1992 was like them having bought me a PS1 in 2002 :(

Gran Turismo
Jona Lomu Rugby
Crash Team Racing
Micro Machines v8

I still play mine :D

Soldato
I was playing on mine last night, my first console I had as a young one. Good fun but when you play the mega drive it make every game look + feel terrible :p

Associate
OP
I'd say you're nuts, but not for having an obession with the SMS ;)

Nice collection, didn't know you had all that! I know you've got loads of dreamcast stuff though. My first console was the Megadrive :/

Well i've sold a lot of my Dreamcast stuff to fund new Master System purchases!

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;15148959 said:

Well i had mine in 1987 when it was top dog! It was quickly forgotten (at the time) when i got my nice new shiny 16bit Mega Drive..

Soldato
Awesome console! I had the Master System 2, which was a smaller uglier beast with no reset button. Ahh the good olde days of playing R-Type, Golden axe and the built in Alex Kidd game :D

Amazing collection of games OP. I had about 10 or so because they were so expensive back then, and I was in high school!

Associate
OP
Forgot to mention that i have 2 Master System 2 consoles also!

What i'd love though are the 3D Glasses. The are super rare and even if you did pick them up in working condition the games cost a small fortune. Out Run 3D for example usually sells for £80+ on the bay.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My first was the Mega Drive. I woke up one Xmas and there was a huge pile of presents taller than me (then very young) including a Mega Drive and a stack of games.

Looking back it was quite something considering we didn't even have a TV or carpets for most of my early life. I was one lucky kid tbh, wow.

Friends had master systems, NES and Snes etc. Never had my own but enjoyed swapping and borrowing systems on the street.

Associate
Wow brings back memories. At one point I had 2 master systems, the original and and the plus, which I won from a Rice Krispies competition!

Many a hour spent playing duck shoot and hangon.

I remember getting it home and thinking there were no games until we started it up and realised they were built in :D

Back
Top Bottom