• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Urgent Help Pls - ATI 4890 to HDTV

Man of Honour
Hi guys

Ive just bought an ATI 4890 graphics card

I am connecting it to my LG 1080p TV with a decent DVI to HDMI cable

My problem is the pictures wont scale to the full size of the TV

Never had this problem with my Nvidia, always scaled in any resolution and looked great

Does anyone know what to do, playing about with the drivers ect cant get it to work. Even in the BIOS screen it doesnt scale just has about an inch of black around everything

Cheers

Soldato
I have my 4890 with my 1080p sammy LCD and it's pixel perfect.

I disabled the under/overscan in the ATI CCC.

And I also set my TV to "Just Scan" which disables the TV's inbuilt scaling and allows 1:1 pixel mapping.

Permabanned
There's no such thing as a decent HDMI cable, it either works, or it doesn't. Doesn't ranges from corrupted picture to nothing at all. :D

Anyway, to answer your question, you'll need to do this:

2.png

2.png

Set the slider to the very right and the image will fill your screen.

Man of Honour
OP
Hi

I managed to get it to scale properly BUT

the image and text quality was very poor and blury almost un-readable

any ideas?

that was at 1920x1080 @ 50hz and 60hz

Soldato
Hi

any ideas?

Are you sure the TV is actually 1080p? and that it doesn't just "support" a 1080p signal?

It should be pixel sharp.

Permabanned
My TV is pixel sharp running off my 4850, so it's not an ATi-TV issue.

Also make sure that it's definitely running at 60Hz, as I've had issues with my TV pretending it's running at 60 but it was actually running at 30 interlaced.

Associate
i have no issues with my HD 4870 and HD 3200 and HD 3450 using my Sony Bravia KDL-40W2000 40" 1080p, i just set it to 1080p 50hz or 60hz, and set scaling to 0

btw check your manual and the tv settings, there should be a enable 1:1 pixelmapping aka Exact scan, Full Pixel or Just Scan

also try feeding the TV a 720p signal and see if that is any better

Associate
Hi

any ideas?

Does the TV have a "sharpness" setting that has been turned up? If so turn it down to zero/off.

Associate
Good point about sharpness ^^

Have you dissabled overscan? I've always had a problem where CCC tries to shrink my image by 15%, so it's too small and not pixel mapped. When I first got round this I set my Sony Bravia to stretch the image to fit the screen, but this is wrong, as you're using the TV sto stretch an image which isn't perfect.

Make sure your TV is set to 1:1 pixel mapping, and try to resolve any problems at the PC end. If you need help with your TV, I'm sure avforums will have a guide for it, they seem to do so for most models.

Associate
Bought an Nvidia BGF GTX 260 problems solved

Anyone wanna buy a 1 Day old 4890 lol

danny so the 260 scaled with no probs then m8 as ive got onboard 4200 ati and had the same problem,so when i set it to overscan a touch it does it but picture is not the best,was going to buy a 5850 on monday aswell but might go for another nvidia if thats the case

Associate
the post made me laugh......got a problem ....solve it by buying a different card lol ....fyi it was a very very easy fix .......nvidia ...no thinking required lol ..if im quick i should (tm) that quote lol

Back
Top Bottom