brown nosing at work

Soldato
I just cant suck up. Not that ive really tried, i just hate people that do it. 100% of the time those people that do it are not ideal friends to have. Got plenty of people like that in the company i work for, its the only way to get up the ladder by getting up your bosses ass.

Its not hard to rebel in my work place, although im guessing rebeling is normally telling your bosses how to do their jobs.

Then there are the scary people high up the ladder who are brought in to cost cut, i just do what they say and only argue if they are blatently wrong or are causing a large increase of work load.

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I'd do neither and keep my integrity. Both options you've suggested are equally childish when you really look at them; rise above it.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
you can still get on with the new boss without sucking up, why do you only have both extremes? go for an inbetween option

I don't even think there should be an inbetween option - just remove yourself from such perspective in the first place. Deal with each individual on an individual basis. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but don't be afraid to assert yourself when it is obviously needed. If the new boss is a complete bum-wipe, then so be it - form the appropriate opinion and behaviour for it; be pragmatic. You can't go throwing your toys out of the pram in the working environment, so find other ways around any problems.

Associate
OP
you can still get on with the new boss without sucking up, why do you only have both extremes? go for an in between option

Well here's the reason, the company I work for is a very well known one, over the last few years in my opinion, has become second rate due to the terrible management that has been employed. The 'new guy' boss that has came in was head hunted from Spain, the weird thing is that he has already been in the same position before in this same company.

When he worked here before I knew him in a lesser capacity but got on well with him, when he left before things went downhill rapid style, and the plonkers that have been put in charge since have made the place unbearable as a place of work.

Here is my dilemma, I can choose a place on the fence and tell the new guy that all is well and plod along as if all is well and there is no glaring holes in the way things are run or I can make the place better by accelerating the process of getting shot of the 'dead wood' by simply telling the truths.

A quick bit of back ground - the type of work i am in has an extremely high turnover of staff, the average length of service is 2-3 years I have been there 10.

Associate
OP
so how would you rebel exactly and why ?

The reason for the rebel part is that when "so called boss" left all was brilliant and EVERYONE loved working there, now the place is full of ****s that look only for recognition at the expense of everyone else.

I know that if I say something I will make a difference, however it may "rock the boat" in terms of job security for some.

I am with the majority about keeping neutral, however I have 16 people under me who would benefit from the "truth"

Permabanned
I'd take it as an opportunity to probe what the new boundaries are.

In my opinion, brown nosers should be strangled to death in a park by a swarthy looking Asian guy.

Associate
OP
I'd take it as an opportunity to probe what the new boundaries are.

In my opinion, brown nosers should be strangled to death in a park by a swarthy looking Asian guy.

Do you know what makes things worse, I TOTALLY agree, brown noser's should be extinguished. The dilemma I face is that I know for a fact that the lifes of hundreds will change if I step up and tell the new guy what has happened in his absence.

I know I should let him find out for himself but to be honest I cba waiting for him to realise when so many are missing out on what they deserve.

Soldato
Here is a question:-

How many out there would knowingly accept being a "brown nose" if it meant a much better quality of life for youre family?

It doesnt, you have to think of the long term damaged it does to your personality. Like i said brown nose people really are not nice people to be with, self centered, toy throwing jabberonies.

Soldato
Here is a question:-

How many out there would knowingly accept being a "brown nose" if it meant a much better quality of life for youre family?

Nope, NEVER. It's not in me to do so and I will never become that pathetic little human who kiss ass. I also don't accept anyone trying to kiss mine for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom