Red Cliff Part 1 & Part 2 Awesome

Soldato
Just finished watching it last night, i have to say what a brilliant film. Me and my granfer was gripped by it all the way through. We didnt even care that its subtitles the story was very engrossing and as for the fighting. Well that was just utter brilliance. This film has got to be film of the year in my books even my granfer said that aswell.
Anyone who aint seen it yet, just go a see it now:D

Soldato
Shame the films aren't that historically accurate, as it mixes in elements of the actual history, the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel and some of it's own original stuff, but nevertheless, still quite a good film and makes for quite a comeback for John Woo.

Good thing that you watched the original 2 part release and not the edited single Western one. You'd miss out on some pretty important parts, especially concerning Part 2 with the whole Zhou Yu's defection plan and Zhuge Liang's "Borrowing of arrows with straw boats" (The boat part never happened in real life, but it is one of the most famous scenarios from the Romance novel).

Caporegime
I havn't seen the 'cinema' release of the two parts, but I've seen both parts separate and it is simply stunning. Truly brilliant film(s), you get so immersed into it even though it is a long and big story line it's still great.

Associate
I have only seen the film in its original 2 parts (yay asia) and so I must ask (with spoiler warnings.) What exactly is missing in the re-edited single version?

Associate
Same here only seen the original 2 part versions. Saw them quite a while ago now though so I can't remember them properly, how much have they edited the western version?

Back
Top Bottom