Just gave blood, you should too!

Soldato
I have a keyring telling all to give blood, yet i cant.

The 2 times i went with one of my ex's they said no as my eczema was quite active, so they gave me the keyring lol

Now my skin is a disaster, so its a no go! And the meds i take are doing all sorts to my blood now... think its due a check next week actually.

Soldato
Yep, finally allowed to give blood again, gotta wait a while after piercings until you can donate again, and i got drunk and pierced my ears with barbecue skewers so. Now my waiting periods up though.

Registered as an organ donor too.

Best thing to do I reckon, a lot of people don't even think about it i guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
I gave blood twice while in school. Second type it was a bit of a blunt needle (nurse admitted it) yet she still kept prodding it inside my hair trying to get the vain! Also not the first time a needle has been wiggled about in my arm while some-one try's and gets the correct angle.

Sadly I can longer give blood, they think I have an other guy's semen mixed in with it or something stupid like that.

Associate
need to go again at some point. see if they will take mine even though i have suspected MS and taking enough med's to pacify a battalion.

Quick question to donor's, how do you find the appointment system? Do you get bled on your appointed time?

Associate
I refuse to give blood because when I get tests done it takes them about 5 attempts to get a sodding drop out of me, then they get this needle attached to a massive coil and cylindrical container out.

No thanks, if it were guaranteed to come out first time I would, but it never has, ever!

Soldato
It's my blood, it belongs in my body. Plus generally nausia (sp?) and passing out accompanies needles for me. Also, I'm fed up of people trying to guilt me into doing something. I'll do it if I dam well want to, not because someone tells me I ought to.

Permabanned
I give blood fairly regularly, although from now on plan to go as often as possible. I'm also trying to force most people I know to give blood as well, considering it's literally only 30 minutes out of your day.

To be honest I do it for two reasons:

1) So I can be a self-righteous ****

and

2) Because I usually get at least 6 Tunnocks teacakes while "recovering"

Soldato
I'll do it if I dam well want to, not because someone tells me I ought to.
They have to advertise a lot to keep up donations. Artificial blood is still naff compared to the real thing.

There's no reason to not ask everyone to donate if they can, asking isn't getting but asking gets the message around even if it doesn't get.

Man of Honour
I'd say 90% of those eligible probably have an aversion to needles... I mean prolly 60% of the people I know seem to get worked up just about a simple dental procedure...

I have an aversion to needles. I dealt with it by turning away with my eyes closed until they'd finished.

A blood donation is nothing like as bad as an injection inside your mouth for dental work. Not even close. You shouldn't feel it.

But they don't want my blood any more, because I'm bi. Even though I've been celibate for years and I've been tested twice since then for every STI there is. Still, they had a good sinkfull of blood off me when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom