Shuttle XPC SP35P2

Associate
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-128-SH&groupid=701&catid=110&subcat=343

Im thinking of getting 1 of these, and i thought id just check to make sure everything works as i think it does before i order.

As far as i know, all i need with this is a CPU, RAM, GPU, HDD and DVD Drive and i can slap em all in and be good to go. I already have these (Q6600, 4GB DDR2, 4870 1GB, 500GB HDD and a normal DVD writer drive). So heres the thing -

I assume it uses its own type of cooling system, i just need to put the CPU in and use whatever the Shuttle uses to cool it.

The PSU, will it be enough to power everything ? It says its 400w, and does it provide 2 PCIe connectors or do i need a molex converter thing ?

Will my GPU even fit in ? Its this exact 1 -

350__1_11X-HD4870-1GBR2.jpg

Would it be safer for power/space/heat reasons to get a smaller, single slot GPU (4850) ?

Anybody currently running 1 of these ? Have any pics spare so i can see how well your stuff packs into it ? :)

Thanks in advance if you can help :).

Associate
OP
Ok its all in, GPU was a pain thanks to the PSU cables (there still squished against it). Just checking to see if these idle temps can be considered "normal" for this case -

Temps.jpg

I did a FurMark Xtreme burn test, and the GPU temp went up to 109 at the highest and never went further for a good 10 minutes, this seems damn toasty to me, but ive read that its capable of operating much higher than that (possibly better if i downgrade to a single slot 4850 ?).

The back of the case (above the PSU) and the left of the case (where it blows out the CPU heat) get quite hot, do any other SP35P2 owners find it the same ?

Associate
Just out of interest, can this shuttle handle 3 x 1tb hard drives? Could the shuttle handle that along with a 8600gt and Q6600 CPU? is the 400w psu up to that challenge i know there ment to be quite strong was interested in the Shuttle as its on offer at a good price was interested in using one as i will be spending a lot of time away from home during the week and looking at replacing my antec 300 case.

Soldato
Ok its all in, GPU was a pain thanks to the PSU cables (there still squished against it). Just checking to see if these idle temps can be considered "normal" for this case -

I did a FurMark Xtreme burn test, and the GPU temp went up to 109 at the highest and never went further for a good 10 minutes, this seems damn toasty to me, but ive read that its capable of operating much higher than that (possibly better if i downgrade to a single slot 4850 ?).

The back of the case (above the PSU) and the left of the case (where it blows out the CPU heat) get quite hot, do any other SP35P2 owners find it the same ?

Don't know if you are still using this set-up, but when I had a P2 case I specifically looked for a rear venting graphics card. The XFX you have is simply dumping that hot air in the case, and the CPU cooling set-up is having to cope with the higher ambient temperature. From memory the two rear top fans above the PSU were pretty useless.

Edit: XFX site shows the two different coolers on your card. The stock style venting out the back would have been a preferrable. If it's the same dimensions and would fit because you mention PSU cables getting in the way.

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers for that mate really don't wanna be lumping around a Antec 300 case plus i've had a minor accident with the SATA pins on my motherboard lol:D.

Thanks mate helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom