PES Demo - they've given too much!

Permabanned
Downloaded the PES demo. They have given us a nice stadium, Liverpool and Barcelona and 3 national teams.

The game length is a very reasonable 8 (odd) minutes a half. You can play against your mate or computer.

The bottom line is -- honestly, you've got precisely everything you need to enjoy all the best bits of the whole game. Firstly who gives a monkeys about how many stadiums there are, you hardly ever see the things anyway and it makes no difference to the game. Secondly -- Playing as Liverpool is just fine. I don't really care about not being able to play as 'Preston Town North', and honestly my loyalties to my actual club don't get as silly as not being able to face playing as their real life competitor on a computer game.

So, to be honest, I'm getting hours of pleasure from the demo, and no intention to buy the full game. It just feels 100% of the game mechanics are present. 100% of the playability is there. Why not stick with the demo? :D

Associate
That sounds like a bit of an own goal. I fancy a quick 10 mins of footy now and then, and this demo sounds like just what I need.

I remember years ago when James Pond 2: Robocod was demoed on 3.5" floppies on various magazine covers, then a cheat got out which unlocked the entire game, it turns out they'd put all the code on the disk, and just locked some of the levels. Happy days.....

Soldato
They did the same on the Mega CD (Or sega CD if you're in the USA). with a game called Kinko's Flying Air Squadron (spellings probably wrong but still).

Put in the level skip cheat and play level two / the rest of the game! :p

Associate
Yep, save yourself £18.

It's now at a stage where Konami should be releasing the full version as a free download. It really is that bad.

Also, you can get a demo extender so you can play a match longer than the default demo time. :D

Associate
For playing against a mate, it's probably all you need.
But you're missing out on Master League and Be a Legend. Although if you have '09, you don't need '10 for this.

No it's not... Can you point out flaws which make this game so much worse than FIFA10? (other than online)
I've never played FIFA10, but the AI on BaL is horrible. Foul detection can be ridiculous at times too.

Soldato
I don't think this could be more perfect for me. Any fast download links? Is the same demo out for the PS3?

Permabanned
Very disappointed by this demo.

AI is STILL appalling, and the ball itself feels and sounds like a Medicine ball.
I agree with the above post....this should be (and infact already feels like) a free game.

Pro Evo it seems became complacent when it knew it was better than Fifa, and as a consequence, hasnt changed in 5 years. Thats absolutely shocking.

One massive pile of tosh in my opinion....go buy Fifa 10....its, ahem, LEAGUES better

Associate
PES 10 seems like a step in the right direction, I've only played ~8 games of the full game but it feels a lot more fluid that the last few years. A little more like PES 5, which was probably the last great PES. The next gen versions have been a let down IMO. PES is still your only option on the PC though as FIFA isn't as good on PC's as the consoles.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
I was addicted to age of empires 1 demo ages ago, i dont think it had a time limit and each map took hours to finish! Prob should have bought it really :)

Back
Top Bottom