Need Advice On What To Buy Please :)

Associate
hey all,

i'm looking to build myself a gaming pc from scratch (with help from a DIY youtube video) and i am in need of advice on what i should buy to get the best value/effenciency of parts for my buck.

i have a general idea of what spec i'm wanting from my pc. i will be using it for gaming mainly and also working on CAD drawings (at some point in the future) so it needs to be able to handle a fairly high workload.

roughly i am looking to get;

Intel Quad Core Processor or maybe newer tech, (2.66 Ghz atleast that i can maybe later learn to overclock to 3.5 Ghz (i may need advice on a cooling system to factor onto my budget)),
4 GB RAM (atleast of fast-ish memory that i will upgrade to 8 GB when i get more cash),
1024 GB Graphics Card (atleast),
Motherboard (i'm not sure of),
Hard Disk (1TB atleast),
DVD-RW,
Fans/Cooling system,
Power Supply,
Case, (needs to be sleek with very good ventilation, good/very good noise reducement and roomy inside)

i have a monitor, keyboard and mouse atm and i will be looking to upgrade them after Xmas.

i originally budgeted £1000 for a pc but if i could get a really great pc for £700-£800 (or less!) which will last me the next 3-5 years that would be amesome :)

i would be willing to sacrifice certain details of the pc if it meant it would keep the price in a realistic budget for me.

any tips on what i should look to get ?

Cheers!

EDIT - forgot to mention i will need the Power Supply, Case aswell. I've added it to my list.`

Last edited:
Associate
Something like this?

spec.png

I dont know much about PSU's so i cant really help you there, just the more reliable brand the better i believe (OCZ, Corsair etc)

Associate
OP
thanks for the help so far.

ideally if anyone with a sound knowledge of price to effectiveness comparison on the parts (and maybe a small explanation to why) could give more examples like the guy above that would be great.

if you could give me examples with theses brackets, <£650, £650-£800, £800-£1000 that would be awesome :)

Cheers !

Associate
just so you know that ram wont work with that set up as its duel channel and you need tri channel. If you went i5 / i870 or amd route it would be fine on the otherhand =)

Back
Top Bottom