Dell UltraSharp 2209WA for gaming?

Associate
I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I'm just wondering while the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA is pretty much great for everything else, does it live up to it's standard in gaming? (If yes, I'll probably go with this monitor :3), I'm pretty much set on getting it, and quite keen on the whole "3 year no dead pixel guarantee" thing (As dead pixel's are a PAIN!).

Soldato
Should I get the 2209WA or a 24" Samsung TN?

They're about the same price. Usage is web browsing, word processing, watching TV and gaming.

Currently on a SM226BW....

What I'm really asking is, does the better picture quality make up for the smaller size? Really in relation to what I'm doing - note I don't do any serious photo/video work.

Soldato
Should I get the 2209WA or a 24" Samsung TN?

They're about the same price. Usage is web browsing, word processing, watching TV and gaming.

Currently on a SM226BW....

What I'm really asking is, does the better picture quality make up for the smaller size? Really in relation to what I'm doing - note I don't do any serious photo/video work.

Good question.

Put it this way, my flatmate just this week bought a Dell 2209WA to use alongside his TN 22in monitor - for a cool dual screen set up.

After a day of usage, he had to turn off his old monitor. It was working fine, but the image quality on the dell was so superior to his other monitor - he simply didn't want to look at the other one any more.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know, but it does show that the 2209W does look amazing. In my opinion, the 2209wa is worth it over a 24in TN.

If you check out Credo's thread, you'll find a good "debate" on this.

Soldato
Good question.

Put it this way, my flatmate just this week bought a Dell 2209WA to use alongside his TN 22in monitor - for a cool dual screen set up.

After a day of usage, he had to turn off his old monitor. It was working fine, but the image quality on the dell was so superior to his other monitor - he simply didn't want to look at the other one any more.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't know, but it does show that the 2209W does look amazing. In my opinion, the 2209wa is worth it over a 24in TN.

If you check out Credo's thread, you'll find a good "debate" on this.

Thanks for the reply. I did read through Credo's thread, and I've more or less come to the conclusion that it's something I really have to think about myself. Everyone's uses are different, so I have to weigh up just how important that nicer quality is over extra screen space. What I'd really like is to see them side by side, though I have no idea where I could find some monitors on display like these.

Associate
Im using the dell monitor and loving it. Went for it over a 24 inch and been very pleased, handles games very well indeed :) looking to upgrade soon but simply because im using it a lot more for films and tv and would prefer a larger screen. But for most things this is amazing :)

Associate
OP
Monitor just arrived today (Ordered on Wednesday) and I must say it's brilliant, colours are so much more vibrant and the screen looks massive! (I've been using a 17" for 2 years) so yeah, not a regrettable purchase!

Back
Top Bottom