Worlds' biggest Cruise Liner leaves port

Don
I went on Liberty of the Seas last year for my honeymoon, at the time that was the biggest cruise ship but the Oasis has eclipsed that. Amazing pieces of machinery, had a fantastic time aboard, loved it.

P1040353.jpg

Soldato
I don't understand the appeal of a cruise, stuck out on the water, hopping about places with no real time to explore them. Ugh. No thanks. Worse, this. It has a carousel on it? Why?

Permabanned
The last time I went to France I spent the entire ferry journey with my head stuck down the toilet, heaving like my life depended on it. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be stuck aboard one of these large cruise ships for days on end.

Don
I don't understand the appeal of a cruise, stuck out on the water, hopping about places with no real time to explore them. Ugh. No thanks. Worse, this. It has a carousel on it? Why?

Well the sail in the evening/night time so you get to your destination at around 8am and the ship sets sail at 5pm again, more than enough time really. It was for us anyway.

The last time I went to France I spent the entire ferry journey with my head stuck down the toilet, heaving like my life depended on it. I can't imagine what it'd be like to be stuck aboard one of these large cruise ships for days on end.

That's the thing, they're so bad you never actually feel like you're on water, just in very big hotel. It's great, loved sitting out on the balcony in the evening having a drink and whatnot. Loads of stuff to do and the places we visited were really good. We're planning on doing an Alaskan cruise next.

Soldato

your not really stuck on the ship though. you spend the day wherever your docked. then you sleep (drink...) on the ship and wake up somewhere else amazing the next day

you arguably dont need days to explore most the sort of places cruises go to.

also people go for the luxury of it. same as why people pay 100s per night to stay in a 5/6 star hotel. if you go on a good/pricey one you get treat like royalty.

Man of Honour

I am no fan of cruising but ocean liners and cruise ships are absolutely nothing like ro-ro ferries. I'd be amazed if you got proper sea sickness on a large cruise ship as they are phenomenally stable.

Back
Top Bottom