Is there an easier instrument to learn than guitar

Soldato
Anyone know? How does bass compare? I tried guitar but found it quite difficult. Is bass any easier as it has less strings yeah?

I did piano in high school as well but could only play with one hand, although now I can type with both hands so don't know if it would be worth going back to try again.

Man of Honour
A piano is in tune when you strike a note and if you can easily learn a chord and be in tune where a guitar is very unforgiving.
You can't run around a stage with a keyboard though unless you want to be a child of the 80's.

Soldato
although now I can type with both hands so don't know if it would be worth going back to try again.
Type farts with your left hand while typing logging with your right at the same time. Typing and playing the piano aren't really related.

I feel your pain, I gave my guitar away as I couldn't be bothered anymore. I play the flute (and hence recorder/whistle etc). So meh.

Soldato
What was it about the guitar that you found difficult?

+1.

All musical instruments have two areas you'll need to learn: the instrument and music itself.

Guitar has pitch, rhythm, timing and it's the same with bass, drums etc. If it's the positioning of the fingers then stick with it. Bass and drums have their complexities for playing the instrument too.

Soldato
I would imagine that the guitar is one of the easier instruments as far as self teaching is concerned, but I could be wrong. The fact that there are fewer strings on a bass guitar doesn't necessarily mean you'll find it easier to learn, it really depends on what you found to be so difficult about the guitar.

I think that it's most important you enjoy playing a particular instrument. There's no point learning the bass if you have no real interest in playing bass.

Back
Top Bottom