Music making software...?

Caporegime
Hello all

Just wanted to ask what some of you guys use to make music? I'm trying to find a piece of free kit, feel like dabbling in making a few songs again :)

It'll be Hardstyle/Hardcore Trance type stuff....Obviously it would be nice to just go out and use something like Reason 4 or something, but that costs way too much, however great it is :p

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated...Tried using PropellerHeads ReBirth RB-338, but its not my cup of tea.

Thanks all

Caporegime
OP
yeah thats what i'm avoiding to be honest.

Got the demo of FL Studio, not sure how much is available in it though...I just like the way reason works and looks...shame it costs an arm and a leg :(

Soldato
ableton live all the way

download the trial and then run through the tutorial lessons

you will never look back and will end up buying it with the heavy student discount they offer.

Caporegime
OP
ableton live all the way

download the trial and then run through the tutorial lessons

you will never look back and will end up buying it with the heavy student discount they offer.

Shame I'm not a student :p

How long does the trial last and can you actually save it?

throw him in at the deep end :p

Hah, nah i've used Reason a fair bit, so know how to do a few bits and have made some songs on it.

Soldato
Are you looking for a sequencer or a software synth? For example:
Reason = software synth with sequencer
Ableton = sequencer with effects and "live"
Logic 9 = live support and sequencer with effects
Cubase = grand daddy sequencer

My m-Audio keyboard came with Ableton lite. I could check if I've got my AL that came with my mAudio keyboard if you're interested I can then shove it in the post. I use Reason 3 (I lost the receipt to upgrade to 4 grr!) and I've never really got on with Ableton.

Soldato
Shame I'm not a student :p

How long does the trial last and can you actually save it?

i think you can save on the newer trials (8) trial is 30 days

you can also get cheaper lite versions which limit the amount of channels/instruments you can use at once

Caporegime
OP
Thanks all for the replys, didn't expect to see this many when I got back in :p

Are you looking for a sequencer or a software synth? For example:
Reason = software synth with sequencer
Ableton = sequencer with effects and "live"
Logic 9 = live support and sequencer with effects
Cubase = grand daddy sequencer

My m-Audio keyboard came with Ableton lite. I could check if I've got my AL that came with my mAudio keyboard if you're interested I can then shove it in the post. I use Reason 3 (I lost the receipt to upgrade to 4 grr!) and I've never really got on with Ableton.

Well...reason pretty much did what I needed it to do...create a song from scratch within reason and apply the various affect using the instruments...If that makes sense...So not so sure :p

I tell a lie - it was my mAudio Audiophile MIDI interface that comes with ProTools 7 and Ableton Lite 5.2.

ooh nice one, I'll try out the demo first, see how I get on with it and let you know if that's cool? :)

was going to look at Reaper, but it appears to cost money now :p

Soldato
That's fine. Just noticed Pro Tools is a demo :/ but I have the A lite in my hand along with the full unlock serial number.

Back
Top Bottom