***Official 2010 F1 thread***

Caporegime
Hamilton has made a fair few major mistakes since he came into F1 which also cost him a championship, but his errors tend to come from lack of experience and error of judgement rather than actual driving errors, his driving ability is top notch.

Caporegime
Hamilton is one of the few drivers in the last few years, who has been able to come in at a front running team, with a front running driver as his team-mate and do well. This is why I rate Hamilton so highly.

Some people will argue that Hamilton has had it easy as he has been in a McLaren which has made him look good, but I strongly disagree. Hamilton could very easily have gone the route of Grosjean and Piquet JR. He could've fallen apart in 2007, but he hasn't.

The difference being that was alonsos first year with the team as well. Where as the drivers coming into partner alonso are joining a set up built around alonso. Hamilton didn't have to do that with Alonso. If he did I think it would be a completely different 2007 than say if Alonso had been there for 2 or more years.

If anything Alonso was the stranger to the team, so much had been invested in Hamilton and like when Ron signed JPM he signed Alonso so no one else had him, then unsettled them at the earliest opportunity. Ron was as bad a flavio for those sort of antics.

Soldato
100 quid will be going on hamilton for 2010 drivers championship....is there anyway to find out what odds are at moment?

thanks

Are you sure you don't want to wait for next year's car to be unveiled, first?

My guess is that the odds you will get for Hamilton winning the 2010 championship won't be good right now, bearing in mind that the McLaren is a very strong car right now.

My advice would be to wait for the car to be unveiled in Jan/Feb next year and keep an eye out on the testing times. Then make a decision.

Also bear in mind that Ferrari have been concentrating heavily on the 2010 car and given that they have arguably the strongest driver line up for 2010, Hamilton may not have it all his own way in 2010.

Last edited:
Soldato
You sure you don't want to wait for next year's car to be unveiled, first?

My guess is that the odds you will get for Hamilton winning the 2010 championship won't be good right now, bearing in mind that the McLaren is a very strong car right now.

My advice would be to wait for the car to be unveiled in Jan/Feb next year and keep an eye out on the testing times. Then make a decision.

Also bear in mind that Ferrari have been concentrating heavily on the 2010 car and given that they have arguably the strongest driver line up for 2010, Hamilton may not have it all his own way in 2010.

Lol? The whole idea of taking a punt on a bet is to do it when the odds are favourable. If he waits until day one of testing like many did with Brawn/Button this year then the odds will be nowhere near as good!

I'll be taking a punt on Hamilton because, IMO, if he is given even a remotely competitive car next year then he is going to mop up.

Soldato
Ferrari have a fairly good lineup but i would put kimi/alonso over massa/alonso.

Ferrari's technical dept could not get their car competitive over a 9 month period, you think the 5 months they will have had pre 2010 will make such a big impact?

Soldato
Lol? The whole idea of taking a punt on a bet is to do it when the odds are favourable. If he waits until day one of testing like many did with Brawn/Button this year then the odds will be nowhere near as good!

Well, right now, he won't get favourable odds, bearing in mind that at this moment in time, McLaren have the best car on the grid. He will not get good odds now.

Better to wait till 2010, when he will have a good idea of just how fast the 2010 McLaren is.

It makes no sense to place a bet on Hamilton at this moment in time.

Associate
Ferrari have a fairly good lineup but i would put kimi/alonso over massa/alonso.

Ferrari's technical dept could not get their car competitive over a 9 month period, you think the 5 months they will have had pre 2010 will make such a big impact?

Did Ferrari not stop developing the car mid season? If I am corrct then its no wonder they are doing crap as they are focusing on the 2010 car. And a team like Ferrari are more than capable of designing a good car. They did not this year due to their uncertainty on the diffuser but certainly now that the rules remain relatively unchanged things should be easier.

Soldato
So your train of thought is that other teams managed to overcome the diffuser issue within six races, yet Ferrari couldnt and they will be able to build a better car because of this?

Soldato
Lewis is 5kg lighter,i still dont get it.

I realise that your boy Vettel is competing right up against with Hamilton, so you will feel passionate about this subject. But looking at how all the practise sessions and the 3 qualifying sessions went, I would say McLaren are VERY strong on this track.

The bookies will see that McLaren have a pole sitting car right now. The odds of them being strong in 2010 are VERY strong. So, the odds of Hamilton winning the title in 2010 won't be decent.

Associate
The Ferrari did improve over the course of the year until they decided the championship is lost so started focus on the 2010 car. The diffuser is used as a mere example as there are other elements to the car which Ferrari cocked up.

But to say they can't build a car for 2010 that can be at the front is nonsense. You mention they have only 5 months but if they started mid season (lets say) on the 2010 car like Brawn (Honda) did last year then is it not possible? You only have to look at Brawn zero to hero - surely the red cars can do the same non?

Anyway as they say 'proof is in the pudding' so we will see in Bahrain in 2010.

Last edited:
Soldato

I find that Kimi only seems to perform when his contract is coming to ending/renewing. He is pretty consistent with this. With Massa, I find that he will give you 100% in every race and genuinely wants to go as fast as he possibly can. With Kimi, he has a nonchallont attitude that says, "I dont care".

Furthermore, we don't know how Kimi would react to being told that he must back off and let his team-leader through. When Massa was No.2 to MS, he followed orders and didnt complain.

Thats why I would take Massa over Kimi.

Last edited:
Soldato
On a track with a 1KM straight [KERS suited a bit????] like i said i still dont get it.

Based on the FP sessions and qually the McLaren is the best car on the grid for this race.

So what if it has KERs, it is just part of the overall package which gives the car its lap time. Ferrari also has KERs yet Kimi is nowhere. Ross Brawn decided that packaging the KERs caused had a detrimental affect on the aero so didn't go with the system, so why isn't the Brawn at the head of the field.

Back
Top Bottom