WARNING TO X25M G2 OWNERS

Associate
Hi,

I had a problem like a lot of others!
I did the firmware flash successfully, installed windows and after a few restarts my hard drive stopped being recongnised. I then did a hdderase which enabled me to see the drive again in another windows install. This time after one restart the problem reappeared.
Today i did another hdderase, installed windows and after 5 restarts (3 of which were cold restarts) everything is working how it should. Maybe there is hope for some of you out there!
The first two attempts i had to set eide compatibilty in order to allow hdderase to work. Then i would reset the computer, enter bios, set to ahci mode before saving settings (allowing the computer to restart), then booted from windows 7 dvd.
However during this last attempt each time i had to restart the computer, whether it be to change to eide (to allow hdderase to work), then back to ahci mode after hdderase, then save setting and restart, i did not press the reset button. Instead i turned the power off and restarted from cold.
Fingers crossed that this has worked. Maybe other people with this problem could try this and see if it works for them.

Phil.

OCP

OCP

Associate
thanks for the advice Phil. I hardly restart my pc so i'll hold out for the new firmware and update it then just incase.

Associate
Just quick update.... My drive is back from the dead \o/ bricked twice, third time lucky it seems. I have restarted countless times since yesterday (after all drivers are installed, and between each game install), to see if it would happen again. It hasnt!

Associate
Well here's an update with some interesting new info:

My x25-m been working fine [Note the past tense] while it was sitting unused, but connect to my 7 RC 64 bit build that was on another HDD

Must have done 100 reboots fine

Just tried to put Windows 7 HP 64bit on the x25-m itself, and on the 3rd reboot bang, its gone - bootmgr missing and disk failure errors

Is it just me or is this looking like 7's to blame? Only after 7 came in contact with my drive did it stop [Still no mac's affected that i've seen]

Soldato
I don't think Windows 7 is to blame somehow :)

Otherwise all the other TRIM enabled SSD's would be broken too. It just happens that ONLY Windows 7 supports TRIM so the issue is clearly with Intels implementation.

Back
Top Bottom