The Nokia 5800 Express Media (Tube) Thread

Associate
Ok, lets try one more thing. Plug the phone into the usb with your computer, and choose mass storage. Now double click on my computer in the start menu and it should show you any drives you have, do you see your phone or memory card listed?

If not then go back to the start menu, right click on my computer and choose properties, in the new box that pops up click the hardware tab, then device manager. In the list do you see anything with a yellow question mark or a red line through it?

If you do then right click that item and choose update driver and follow instructions on screen. If not then right click on the name of your computer at the top of the list and choose scan for hardware changes, that will make the computer to look for anything that's plugged in.

Soldato
When I do the first option I get the E drive pop up, but it doesnt say my phone, just says removable disc.

When I do the second option there is nothing with a line or a question mark, and then when I get it to search it doesnt come up with anything new.

Soldato
Just lost my stylus, it was getting looser by the day and think I lost it at the match yesterday. Now can I get away with a replacement stylus or should I get a new back and stlyus? Not sure if the problem was the stylus or the back if you see what I mean.

Soldato
Not at all really just for the sake of a few quid I would prefer to replace it. I have Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on it and thats the only thing I use it for as some of the buttons are tiny. Shocking game design really.

Caporegime
Do you use the stylus all that much? I lost mine a couple of weeks back and it hasn't made any difference to how I use the phone, it is still sensitive enough that fingertip pointing works for me.

It can be a nightmare without the stylus... some things are much easier and quicker with it, like texting.

The screen on this phone is absolute crap compared to my mates Hero, I will never buy resistive again.

Associate
When I do the first option I get the E drive pop up, but it doesnt say my phone, just says removable disc.

When I do the second option there is nothing with a line or a question mark, and then when I get it to search it doesnt come up with anything new.

Hmmm thats odd, what do you see if you double click on the E drive, how big is it?

Soldato
Right I purchased this phone and its got Vodaphone branding, its unlocked as I am using my o2 sim card.

Would it be a good idea to debrand the phone and then get the fireware direct from Nokia? Or just leave it as it is? Which its fine and works pretty much flawlessly.

Associate
The only issue I've had with my phone recently is if I'm listening to music. What will happen is the music will fade out, my ring tone will kick in. I'll answer the call and then the music that I was listening to starts up again. The person of the end of the phone gets an earful of my music, and can't hear me and I can barely hear them.

I am running the latest firmware, but it was doing this before the update as well. Unbranded, unlocked and on o2...not that the latter makes any difference.

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before?

Soldato
Right I purchased this phone and its got Vodaphone branding, its unlocked as I am using my o2 sim card.

Would it be a good idea to debrand the phone and then get the fireware direct from Nokia? Or just leave it as it is? Which its fine and works pretty much flawlessly.

The newest firmware makes the menus quite a bit faster so i would say go for it.

Back
Top Bottom