• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** ATi 5850 Update II.I ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm not best pleased with the customer service I've received, but this isn't the thread to moan about that type of thing is it.

Obviously there are real issues for all parties involved with sourcing this card, and it seems Fatboy is doing a pretty damn good job going on the information presented in this thread.

It would be ideal to have a thread updated with info like;
10 x ASUS 5870 just in filling orders up to and including order number XXXXX
10 X ASUS 5870 due Friday
10 X ASUS 5870 due Friday - DELAYED/Not Arrived

At least it stops individuals pestering about updates, and on that note......

Any updates on the XFX 5870's??

Cheers ;)

Soldato
WAFFLE

Cheers ;)

Dude, I'm sure Fatboy does other things than just F5 this thread. In an ideal world i'm sure we would all want LIVE stock count to keep everyone updated but its not going to happen.

If you pre-order one and your lucky yours have been allocated. If you can't wait i'm sure other places sell these other than OCUK but their in the same rut with avaliability.

And i can't see why your not best pleased with the customer service. How many times have you ordered from here? Do you always have trouble with your goods or you just dont get what you want.

Associate
Who said anything about Live Stock? Oh yes, you - I don't know where you got that from.

The idea would be that a thread be updated with info when available, as previously mentioned, that way it's LESS work than going through here and updating individuals - Just look through the threads regarding this card and how many times the poor sod has been checking people's order numbers.

Other places had cards available last week including ASUS, I didn't order as OcUK have already taken my money so I'll stick with it - But there were a lot of updates last week and it would be ideal to keep that going just so that punters are in the loop, even if it's to say that they have no updates and are still awaiting stock.

At least that way you're not completely left in the dark.

This is my first order with OcUK and no doubt my last, this has nothing to do with the shortage problem with the 58XX but purely on poor customer service I have received.

Associate
The idea would be that a thread be updated with info when available, as previously mentioned, that way it's LESS work than going through here and updating individuals - Just look through the threads regarding this card and how many times the poor sod has been checking people's order numbers.

did anyone happen to catch the name of this thread? :eek:

shame u feel that way about OcUk

Associate
Who said anything about Live Stock? Oh yes, you - I don't know where you got that from.

Other places had cards available last week including ASUS, I didn't order as OcUK have already taken my money so I'll stick with it - But there were a lot of updates last week and it would be ideal to keep that going just so that punters are in the loop, even if it's to say that they have no updates and are still awaiting stock.

At least that way you're not completely left in the dark.

This is my first order with OcUK and no doubt my last, this has nothing to do with the shortage problem with the 58XX but purely on poor customer service I have received.

Poor customer service

Stopped reading there. Are you crazy? Have you not seen the countless other threads Fatboy has made to please his customers? Please find me another retailer that has a member of staff giving you instant updates over a forum and is able to check your actual order and answer your questions directly. I don't think you will find a better/faster service than that? So what you have had a few problems with OCUK, certainly shouldn't be a reason to abandon them, no retailer is perfect. Fact of the matter is (at least with me, and i'm sure many others will agree here) that OCUK service is absolutely top notch and to be hoest it's the reason i buy from them, if i encounter a problem i know i'm in good hands. Not sure about anyone else here but i'm certainly grateful.

Associate
Other places had cards available last week including ASUS

Uhh.. no they didn't, since most places either have no ETA or a delivery date in mid November, subject to two weeks delay.

In the end, the bad guys aren't OCUK. They are getting stiffed by their suppliers and we all have to make the best of a bad situation and try to find a work around.

Suspended
OP
Hi Fatboy,

Is there any chance you can allocate one of the next expected 5850s to OC904054 it's got a Sapphire pre ordered in it currently but I don't know if that's gong to be the next brand of 5850 you get in stock?

Thanks

:D

I have no further information on the arrival on any 5850. I will post a thread later on today and soon as I have spoken with all the AIB's and ATi. You are in a strong position on the Sapphire part I will leave it as it is at the moment.

Associate
Yes you have a Vapor X should be here next couple of day.

Great. Notice a couple of items are now out of stock will they have already been allocated to my order? If not can you please remove them and I will reorder when they come back into stock, don't want anything getting in the way of getting my 5870. :)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom