• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** ATi 5850 Update II.I ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Don't know how well they will handle 1900x1200 with as in arma 2 or warhead etc I did think about crossfire 5850 in future I mean a 5770 is same power as the 4870 I have atm so I could have saved whit and got another 4870 see where I am comming from ?

Soldato
Don't know how well they will handle 1900x1200 with as in arma 2 or warhead etc I did think about crossfire 5850 in future I mean a 5770 is same power as the 4870 I have atm so I could have saved whit and got another 4870 see where I am comming from ?

oh yeh I do, my GTX is slowly dieing but I ain't buying a new crad until it does go fully. I dont have an SLI/Xfire board either.

I am going to wait for bad company 2 and see how the 260 performs, Nvidia should have new graphics cards by then aqnd I can then make an informed choice.

Doesn't help that you sold your 4870 before getting the 5850 del. Lesson learnt yet? :)

Associate
Uhh.. no they didn't, since most places either have no ETA or a delivery date in mid November, subject to two weeks delay.

In the end, the bad guys aren't OCUK. They are getting stiffed by their suppliers and we all have to make the best of a bad situation and try to find a work around.

Yes they did, a friend bought a PowerColor 5870 from one online store who had 12 and another had several ASUS as I nearly purchased one myself.

And I previously mentioned my issue is not with the stock/allocation issue.

Associate
Stopped reading there. Are you crazy? Have you not seen the countless other threads Fatboy has made to please his customers? Please find me another retailer that has a member of staff giving you instant updates over a forum and is able to check your actual order and answer your questions directly. I don't think you will find a better/faster service than that? So what you have had a few problems with OCUK, certainly shouldn't be a reason to abandon them, no retailer is perfect. Fact of the matter is (at least with me, and i'm sure many others will agree here) that OCUK service is absolutely top notch and to be hoest it's the reason i buy from them, if i encounter a problem i know i'm in good hands. Not sure about anyone else here but i'm certainly grateful.

No, not crazy but just going on my experience so far.

I've asked a couple of times regarding an update but nothing so far, fantastic eh?

Suspended
OP
Yes they did, a friend bought a PowerColor 5870 from one online store who had 12 and another had several ASUS as I nearly purchased one myself.

And I previously mentioned my issue is not with the stock/allocation issue.

I am really struggling to see where the lack of Customer service has come from. I have kept everyone updated as best I can with information where ever possible. Also unless your friend brought on the week of launch the he doesn't have a powercolor 5870 as they have shipped no further stock due to the fact they have had no allocation.

Soldato
Any chance i could trouble you to see where I am in the line of 5870's just so i can plan what to do on my build - OC908846

Much appreciated :D

Associate
I am really struggling to see where the lack of Customer service has come from. I have kept everyone updated as best I can with information where ever possible. Also unless your friend brought on the week of launch the he doesn't have a powercolor 5870 as they have shipped no further stock due to the fact they have had no allocation.

The customer service issue I have has not been through the forum, but communicating through the webnote system.

But as I previously mentioned I don't think this thread is the place to discuss it.

He bought one last week, I don't have access to the website address as it's in a PM on another forum I cannot access from work - But I would be more than happy to link you to the site if you so wish later today.

Of course they no longer have stock but I can assure they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom