Iconic 80's songs

Caporegime
I could be here for ages discussing the awesome 80's but here's a few of my faves.

Hall & Oates - Family Man
A Flock of Seagulls - And I Ran
John Waite - Missing You
Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
Jan Hammer - Crocketts Theme
Autograph - Turn Up the Radio
The Outfield - Your Love
Hall & Oates - Out of Touch
Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
Roxy Music - More Than This
10cc - I'm not in Love

Associate
OP
wikipedia said:
The original UK single was released in August 1979, backed with a non-album instrumental track called "Asylum". The U.S. B-side was "Metal", from The Pleasure Principle album. The track has been a UK Top Twenty hit for Numan in three successive decades: on its original release in 1979 (making number one); in 1987 as the 'E Reg Model' remix (making number 16); and again in 1996 following its use in an advertisement for Carling Premier beer (number 17)
The song was about in the early 80's. Might have been a few months before but it was still on the radio (that exist then?) / tv for the start.

Soldato
Money for nothing. Dire straits.
Power of love, huey lewis, jennifer rush, frankie goes to hollywood.
Crazy for you, madonna
These dreams, heart.
Jack and diane. John cougar mellencamp.

Cob

Cob

Soldato

lighteratconcert.jpg

Man of Honour
Not sure why but I was just thinking about this topic again today and I'm amazed to only find one mention of Michael Jackson in here. Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough, Wanna Be Starting Something, Thriller, Beat It, P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing), Bad, Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana I'd say are all worthy of inclusion apart from Billie Jean which has already been mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom