Tekken 6 goes gold

Soldato
Anyone know how you unlock the other hidden stages besides Nightmare Train? Unlocked that one automatically after completing scenario mode, and I've just finished it (god it was annoying) but now I've got no new hidden paths opened up? :(

Soldato
OP
Im going to buy a arcade stick , i dont really want to spend anything over 50.00 pounds wondering if this fits the bill ?
http://www.hori.jp/us/products/ps3/fighting_stick/index.html

If not can some recommend one i have managed to find this for 30 pounds so it is a good deal if its a good stick .

And how do you mange to open up class B & A clothes not picked up one item yet ?

A lot of people have said the normal control pads work best but it is a preference really. Personally I use a pad so I wouldn't know, Kreeeee would probably have a good idea.

Also to get the A, B, C and S items you should play it on Hard mode once you complete the game and run the Devil Jin stage over and over since that level drops a lot of the best "S" type items.

Anyone know how you unlock the other hidden stages besides Nightmare Train? Unlocked that one automatically after completing scenario mode, and I've just finished it (god it was annoying) but now I've got no new hidden paths opened up? :(

Yeah they were a bit tricky to find to be honest!

Yoshimitsu hidden stage: Goto Steve Fox's level "The Dark Abyss" on Hard mode and at the beginning you will find a box to your left with a ninja inside it, defeat him and pick up a scroll he drops. You can quit as soon as you have the scroll as it will still unlock the level for Yoshimitsu's stage

Roger Jr hidden stage: Goto Christie's stage: For this level you can do this on any setting (So medium to make it easier). You only have to take the path to the right when theres a chicken and money on the left near the beginning. You'll come across an Alien and some dancers, beat all of the dancers and continue as normal (you don't even have to defeat the Dancers but do so anyway), you'll eventualy come to a kangaroo with a green health bar. Defeat him then finish the level as normal, you'll unlock the Roger Jr stage. Also once you beat the kangaroo if you go back to where the Alien and the dancers were at you will now find a dancing Sumo who you can also defeat.

Mokujin hidden stage: Complete "16th Achaeological Dig site" on hard mode. (Leo's stage)

Devil Jin hidden stage: Complete the game on easy mode.

I'm on the PS3 with user id Badhusband if you need any help. I haven't bothered with the online much yet as I have been getting all the trophies in offline mode, I just need to do the ANNA level without NANCY and complete the Endings for all the chars.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im going to buy a arcade stick , i dont really want to spend anything over 50.00 pounds wondering if this fits the bill ?
http://www.hori.jp/us/products/ps3/fighting_stick/index.html

If not can some recommend one i have managed to find this for 30 pounds so it is a good deal if its a good stick .

And how do you mange to open up class B & A clothes not picked up one item yet ?

I have one and it's really not all that bad as it is on stock.. However I modded it and fitted a JLF and some Sanwa buttons and weighed it down substantially.. Now it just doesn't get any better.

Caporegime
Back in the Tekken 3 days the best players were using sticks, dunno about these days. Haven't got Tekken 6 yet, but, on a pad, I always struggled to do sidesteps, whereas on a stick I could always do them. I suspect a lot of that though is just being used to using the same stick for ages, (plus you can listen to the clicks the stick makes).

I will be playing with a pad anyway so hopefully I will adapt :)

rp2000

Soldato
OP
Got the platinum achievement today, was to easy to be honest... no doubt everyone and there mum will have it soon unless they already have it.

Now I got to spend some time on the hardest mode and online to learn the game a lot better.

Permabanned
I find Tekken just as easy on pad because it only needs 4 face buttons and you don't have to press three buttons at once or do any cancelling. (I don't find it as technical)

Still, it feels weird using a pad so I just stick to...stick.

Edit: Also the timing is extremely leniant on Tekken so I don't really feel that the buttons being more sensitive on the stick help in any way. I find the comboing in Tekken so weird, you actually do the commands before you see it on screen, pretty silly as you can easily mash 10 hit combos then go into a juggle afterwards which does mad damage and is quite easy to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Just a quick update. Patch 1.02 got pushed to the PS3 today, not sure about the 360.
At first I was skeptical about how much this patch would actually help with the lag issues.
Just played a few mates from Taiwan, Japan and Korea (I'm in Taiwan atm) and I have to say, online is now buttery smooth! It was like they were playing on the same console as me, zero lag.
Can't believe the difference this patch has made!

Soldato
Just a quick update. Patch 1.02 got pushed to the PS3 today, not sure about the 360.
At first I was skeptical about how much this patch would actually help with the lag issues.
Just played a few mates from Taiwan, Japan and Korea (I'm in Taiwan atm) and I have to say, online is now buttery smooth! It was like they were playing on the same console as me, zero lag.
Can't believe the difference this patch has made!

Sure it's just not the awesome super-fast Internet connections you have over there. :p

Associate
Initial reports are that the patch has really done its job.
I'll have to give it a go tonight but apparently green bars are very playable and teal bars are amazing, can't wait to try it out later.

If anyone wants some games on the ps3 feel free to add me.

Permabanned
im a big fan of tekken having owned the 1st one on a japanese ps1 before they were relased in this country(imported) in 1994..cost my £900 for ps1 tekken and ridge racer...i also won many a competion in the arcades near to where i live using paul phoenix...but i wont be buying this time around as i sold my ps3..shame i woulda loved to go head to head online

Back
Top Bottom