**The Dragon Age Origins Thread **

Caporegime
Well I got the digital deluxe version from EA store in the end, that £10 off voucher someone posted made it a good deal. I've pre-loaded the game but it won't let me pre-load the 2 quest DLCs, anyone else have that? Maybe we can't dl them til the game unlocks? Only got one serial in the conformation email, said the extra codes will be posted on release but not sure if that is just for the exclusive items or the DLC quests.

Anyway, the purchase/pre-load went smooth as silk, no issues there. First time I've used EA store, so after hearing all the horror stories about it I was quite surprised :)

As a side note, that social network site is a trainwreck. What was wrong with old forum? A bit silly to beta a new site so close to the release of the game.

The social site is a trainwreck, people are having a lot of problems getting the DLC because they can't get the site to accept the codes and the like.

As for the EA downloader, those bonus things there aren't the DLC, which are around 500mb/300mb to download and can only be done from within the game in stupid "lets pretend you're using an x-box" style. I assume the small downloads listed in the EADM are the bonus music tracks and other random junk you get with deluxe versions of the game.

You should probably by now have the cd key in an e-mail from EA store, you can add that already to the bioware trainwreck of a site, and the second e-mail with the dlc/extra items stuff you should get soon(says within 48 hours for mine though thats probably for the early release in the USA). Add them in the bonus codes area(well it looks like thats where) on the same bioware site, then in game you can log in to that account which will register you have access to the DLC/bonus items and you can download them from a downloadable content menu option. Until you have the codes it lists the dlc's and any bonus items you can download and add but both DLC's have a points/live type cost with them.

Associate
Good stuff.

If I wanted to watch someone bathe in blood I'd, well I can't think of a way to end that sentence.

Hire an open minded prostitute and buy 5 live pigs and a machete?

I've created this guy to play with, using the character creator available on Steam. He's called 'The Nose'.

The_Nose.png

Hehe, "at the copa, copacabana"

Soldato
Hire an open minded prostitute and buy 5 live pigs and a machete?
:D

jersey based just dispatched and advise 3-5 days !!! I thought its guaranteed for release day
They've always been a PITA with release dates, as have any retailer not based on the mainland.

MY CE is out for delivery apparently. Suddenly I feel very ill, not sure if I should go go work. What do you think?* ;)

*That's a joke, should any work colleagues be browsing this thread!

Soldato
I dont know if the Jersey based company are still using royal mail, but dont forget about the postal strike on Friday the 6th and Monday the 9th :(

Doesnt sounds good, I just recieved an email from them with regards to COD MW2 and their sending by courier to ensure delivery on release day next Tuesday.
However if you manage to miss the post strikes, them posting on a Wednesday afternoon normally means delivery Thursday/Friday, posting on a Thursday you dont normally get it until saturday. Yes as you can tell I buy I lot of things off them ;)

Soldato
Ah no! The rainforest still hasn't posted mine!

It's already the 5th. :(

I even ordered with priority mail so ensure I get it this Friday. But things aren't looking too good atm. :(

If it doesn't ship today I might aswell have taken the free shipping they offered.

Associate
What difficulty are you all playing on? I have heard it is a tough game (from players and reviewers).

I'm playing on normal, and so far i have died a few times in the first true boss battle i've had so far. But i play it a little bit too action-ish, i don't pause as much as i did in NWN and that definitely has something to do with it. With that being said, even as a mage i sometimes have a hard time keeping my party members healed up, and health potions play a much bigger role than it did in NWN. It's harder, but it's more fun as a result.

Back
Top Bottom