Soldato
Africa :) my kitty hehe i love her

9523_1232030315359_1067179106_753056_2755139_n.jpg

9523_1232031075378_1067179106_753061_5227019_n.jpg

Soldato
My beautiful siver spotted BSH kitten Maisie

Maisieontheputer.jpg

She has a shaved patch where she got spayed last week

OMG I think i am in love with that cat, she's gorgeous mate!!! Its either gotta be a cat like that or a Burmese cat, would love a Main **** but don't think I could handle the long hair :(

EDIT: Oh I was also wondering if people could recommend any decent catteries or places that I could do volunteer work at? I had wanted to see if i could do some work at the RSPCA but there are none near me :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OMG I think i am in love with that cat, she's gorgeous mate!!! Its either gotta be a cat like that or a Burmese cat, would love a Main **** but don't think I could handle the long hair :(

EDIT: Oh I was also wondering if people could recommend any decent catteries or places that I could do volunteer work at? I had wanted to see if i could do some work at the RSPCA but there are none near me :(

You can get short hair Main Coons :)

Soldato
You can get short hair Main Coons :)

Eh?

Surely, part of the pedigree characteristic has to do with the fact that the Maine **** must have long hair and a very thick, bushy tail? Without these, the Maine **** wouldnt be a good example of the breed.

Do you have any links to the short haired Maine Coons?

Soldato
My wife and I had a church gathering at our house last night, and our cats were doing their utmost to outdo each other and show off. Prancing around, generally being friendly and cute.

Anyway, picture a group of 13 people sitting around in a lounge at 10pm, one guy leading in prayer, everyone else with their head down, and suddenly screaming, hissing and general carnage as my cat came steaming into the lounge after my wife's cat. During the commotion, I looked up to see my wife's cat perched atop my record collection directly above a candle about 2 feet away from some poor bloke's face.

"THE CAT IS ON FIRE!!!" I shouted, as it smouldered away whilst growling at my cat Leo.

The acrid stench of burning fur quiclky filled the lounge, then the rest of the house and was so unbearable that everyone had to leave! :o

The cat is fine, just had an 8" long stripe of utterly scorched fur on it's belly. I love my cats. :D

Soldato
well i am not sure about getting a pedigree for my first cat either..

Why not? Maisie is my first cat, I like the fact I know exactly where she came from, who her parents are and has a good family health history. It is nice to have the peace of mind.

If you are totally in love here is the breeder I got her from:
http://www.loismhor.com/
(In case anyone is interested her mother is Unica and father is Nepomuk)

There are also LOTS of pedigree cat rescues if you don't mind taking on a slightly older cat.

I wants another one, one is never enough but I don't think she'd allow it she loves being the centre of attention.

Don
Not rare that I know of, silver classics are more common I suppose. She was one of 2 spotted out of a litter of 6 (4 classic). Her green eyes are probably the rarer thing, they are usually orange but her pedigree blood line allowed the recessive green to come through.
She is a little sweetie but utterly nuts, she loves running around at a hundred miles an hour and chirruping. Thanks for the compliments :)

Did I mislead you as to their temperament then ? :p

Soldato
henry
snc00028.jpg

weve got the big yellow cat staying back with us too, still terrorising everything and anything but hes so unphotogenic that it hurts

Soldato
henry

weve got the big yellow cat staying back with us too, still terrorising everything and anything but hes so unphotogenic that it hurts

Hey. I love the big yellow cat. If he became friends with my Reflex, they would terrorise the neighbourhood cats. Thats one reason why I wouldn't let Reflex out of the house - the thought of returning home to have a cat owner knocking on my door stating that my cat has injured their cat.

Back
Top Bottom