Case for my i7 build

Associate
hello everyone,
i plan to be getting an i7 build in the near future and now i need a case ive looked at a lot of possible choices and am very confused because ive never actually done this before i only "saw the light" recently and refuse to give my money to prebuilding companies
i need a case with the following properties
around £40-£55
fits a 5870(i plan to get a 5850 but may upgrade in the future)
cools well enough for i7/5850
First ideas
coolermaster elite range (i notices this is used a lot in ocuk's builds)
antec300 (good for my budget and seems popular)
thanks a lot in advance:D
EDIT: forgot to write my room get dusty sometimes (dont know why) so dust filters is sort of secondary requirement not too important but worth taking note of

Last edited:
Associate
Antec 300 should be fine and its meant to be a very good case.

If your prepared to spend a little bit more and i have one of these myself. Coolermaster CM690
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-145-CM&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=29 at £65 is a very good case with excellent cooling.

Also the new

Fractal Design Define R2 cases are meant to be top dogs.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-003-FD&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat=1556 but at a price of £85 almost double your budget.

Associate
OP
thanks for the advice jaket
im surprised i missed the CM690 and will definetely consider it if the antec 300 doesnt hold up
sorry for my pickiness but does anyone out there have an antec 300 with a 5870 i really want to be sure it fits

Associate
my final decision in case anyone cares is the CM690 is a little bigger than the antec 300 and looks like a better quality package for the money
thanks for everyones opinions

Good choice, I have this case atm and its very good keeps my q6660 nice and cool at 25oc.

Associate
i ahve the fractal and its a awesome case and style of it is nice too i was looking at getting that case before i bought this one i might get it in future build though for a relitive as it looks nice and i hate building in cheap cases

Back
Top Bottom