*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Associate
Can I ask a newbie question please folks - I'm having my 16gb iPhone 3gs delivered tomorrow, and I'm currently using a Nokia N95. Does anyone know of the best way to take all the contacts out of the Nokia, so I can import them into the iPhone?

Thanks! :)

Associate
Sync the Nokia with your windows contacts (assuming you are running windows of course and the nokia sync will do such a thing?)

Once your iPhone is fired up tick the sync with windows contacts in the 2nd tab (I think) in iTunes in the iPhone section and your done.

That's just one way there is a few more I believe but I've not used em

hope this helps

Soldato
Sync the Nokia with your windows contacts (assuming you are running windows of course and the nokia sync will do such a thing?)

Once your iPhone is fired up tick the sync with windows contacts in the 2nd tab (I think) in iTunes in the iPhone section and your done.

That's just one way there is a few more I believe but I've not used em

hope this helps

We got the contacts off my wifes old samsung phone by export as CSV from the Samsung sync app and then importing that CSV into outlook, from there we selected outlook sync in iTunes and voila, job done.

Associate
Thanks guys, I never thought about seeing if the Nokia application can export to some common file format - doh! Will give it a spin later on - still waiting for the nice DHL man to arrive with my shiny new phone :D

Soldato
Thanks guys, I never thought about seeing if the Nokia application can export to some common file format - doh! Will give it a spin later on - still waiting for the nice DHL man to arrive with my shiny new phone :D

ditto :) same with the n95 too so you have saved me asking questions :D Its out for delivery today so should be here shortly fingers crossed

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Can I ask a newbie question please folks - I'm having my 16gb iPhone 3gs delivered tomorrow, and I'm currently using a Nokia N95. Does anyone know of the best way to take all the contacts out of the Nokia, so I can import them into the iPhone?

Thanks! :)

I've attached a picture.

1. Save your contacts to your SIM on the Nokia
  2. Put SIM in iPhone
  3. Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > Import from SIM

Soldato

Just checking out the Sky Mobile TV and according to that you dont need a seperate sky sub, there's the first three months free and then it's £6 a month, so you could just get an av cable for your iphone and you'd have sky sports and espn on your tv for £6 a month!

Although for some reason the Sky Mobile TV website does not list O2 as a valid operator?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom