*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Caporegime
just another thing that really grinds my gears... (really chokes my chicken) is when they release a 'multiplayer trailer' and its clearly for a console. yes we know the console version will probably work. weve already gone through the reasons why (aimbots slower movement). id much rather theyd put up a pc version so we can see how it really plays

Same thing with cod4 and im pretty sure cod2, all footage from console versions.

Associate
I remember taking a day off work to play COD 1 when it came out!!

Really am disapointed the way things are going with Infinity Ward. I remeber the press statement they made prior to COD1 when they discussed the fallout with EA and that they (developers) could not do the game they wanted on Medal of Honour so left to make their own (COD). The values they defined back then in making a PC game based on specifics that have become the signature of the COD series has now been diluted into profit and marketing. Real shame!

I will buy it (getting it today hopefully) and will play it as I love the series and will give them a fair chance. But there is no way I will be taking a day off for it, in fact I am looking forward more to L4D2 and finishing off my season in FM10 than playing this...and that says a lot!

Love the process diagram as well - although where is the decision gate to allow Marketing to overrule the developers?

Associate
i wouldnt buy it on the first day just because im fairly sure someone else will, and they will hopefully review it and tell me that yes its a failure, or omg somehow it all works perfectly!

Associate
I am probably going to pop into town tomorrow morning and trade in COD4 COD5 and GOW2 on the 360 and buy this on the PC.

Always liked the single player and my 360 is broke now, so will hopefully get it for next to nothing, cash wise.

Hopefully, the PC copies won't sell out. ;)

Soldato
I am probably going to pop into town tomorrow morning and trade in COD4 COD5 and GOW2 on the 360 and buy this on the PC.

Always liked the single player and my 360 is broke now, so will hopefully get it for next to nothing, cash wise.

Hopefully, the PC copies won't sell out. ;)

Hi is it correct you can trade it 360 games to get pc games cheaper?

Associate
well got mine a day early and me being me my rig still isent up and running and waiting on a cpu cooler thats coming tomorrow so wont even be able to play it till after work at 10pm

Soldato
Don't think so
Nope just entered my code and it said it was invalid :( Looks like we've got to wait till tomorrow - Question is, will they allow us to enter it bang after midnight tonight or will we have to wait till it's tomorrow in Steam-Land? :p

Serj said:
How are you installing it? Steam rejects my activation code.

I've recently cleared my PC with a fresh install and so didn't have Steam installed - it was installing Steam again :p

Associate
Nope just entered my code and it said it was invalid :( Looks like we've got to wait till tomorrow - Question is, will they allow us to enter it bang after midnight tonight or will we have to wait till it's tomorrow in Steam-Land? :p

Almost certainly Steam time unfortunately! So probably early tomorrow morning

Associate
What!!!! So when I get my copy tonight I cant play it until tomorrow? Can you not play offline from steam then?

Ahh well might as well finish my season off tonight on FM10 inreadiness for some FPS funnybusiness tomorrow night

Back
Top Bottom