Must-have Wii games...

Soldato
Are there any must-have Wii games? Missus just got herself a Wii and Wii fit as she fancied it and wanted to 'play against her mate on the internet' :o

What other decent games are there for it? Quite like the looks of the winter olympics one advertised on TV at the minute and some of the family party games for over Christmas. Basicly, think fun games with a bit of a quirk/novelty- not metroid or anything like that..

Thanks in advance for any recommendations...

Associate
+1 for Mario Kart, great fun playing my sister-in-law. Wii Play is ok and can be had for about £5 online (game only) if you look round, games are pretty short but good fun nevertheless :)

Soldato
RE:Remake Wii Edition, RE:Zero Wii Edition, RE:Darkside Cronicles,RE:Umberella Chronicles,Mario Kart,Super Mario Galaxy,Wii Sports. thats all it has imo

Soldato
Resi 4, though I'm not sure you're Mrs would be that into it, you might like a go though. ;)

As for games she might enjoy,

Super Mario Galaxy is a good single player title she might enjoy.
Mario Party is great with people round.
Mario Kart is a definite if she want to play against her mate online.

Associate
First Raving Rabbits game? Single player wise Zelda really was fantastic. One of my favourite games of this gen. Both House of the Dead: Overkill and Dead Space are also worth a blast, though not too family friendly.

Caporegime
take it back for a full refund/swap it for something else tbh.

my 5year old has one and tbh apart from the resident evil games and the lego games everything is basicly rubbish.

mario karts ok but overrated , super mario galaxy isnt that great either imo.

most of the games are 20-30quid and contain barely any gameplay , very repetitive novelty crap.

basicly a bunch of internet flash games stuck on a wii disc :rolleyes:

biggest peice of crap console ever atleast the sega saturn had around 20 really good games.

the wii is just one big novelty POS, doubt you wife will even turn it on in a few weeks its that bad

Caporegime
least someone had the balls to say it.

its true though :p

barely keeps a child entertained never mind an adult , its probably the least played console ever created and may aswell have been abandoned by nintendo because they dont really bring out any top quality games

http://www.gamestracker.com/wii-chart.htm

you know its bad when games that were pretty much launch titles are still up there in the charts surounded by turds like big beach sports and carnival funfare games

Soldato
RE4 Remake
Mario Kart Wii
Disaster Day of Crisis
Mario Galaxy

My top wii games, I'd recommend more but you'd have to get through those first.

Associate
take it back for a full refund/swap it for something else tbh.

my 5year old has one and tbh apart from the resident evil games and the lego games everything is basicly rubbish.

mario karts ok but overrated , super mario galaxy isnt that great either imo.

most of the games are 20-30quid and contain barely any gameplay , very repetitive novelty crap.

basicly a bunch of internet flash games stuck on a wii disc :rolleyes:

biggest peice of crap console ever atleast the sega saturn had around 20 really good games.

the wii is just one big novelty POS, doubt you wife will even turn it on in a few weeks its that bad

Anyone that can't see that Mario Galaxy is a great game can't be taken seriously.
If you even bothered to read the OP you would see that he doesn't want, or maybe his wife, traditional games.

Soldato
Well, the Wii has a lot of great games. Fair enough most of them you can't really sink hours into but they're still good fun.

most people dont look deeper than the shovelware.

I'm really hoping to get Cursed Mountain soon and The Grudge looks awesome, so many 360 games I've bought (Dead Space, Condemned, RE5) and been dissapointed with the fact they're called survival horror left me wanting to be scared when they've barely got me on the edge of my seat.

Wii has some fantastic horror games coming!

Associate
its probably the least played console ever created and may aswell have been abandoned by nintendo because they dont really bring out any top quality games

Nintendo have stuggled to get past half a dozen great games for every console since the SNES. It's compounded by the fact every game that should actually be reasonably good, like Olympic games, is spoiled by an appearance of Mario, Sonic or both.

Soldato
its probably the least played console ever created and may aswell have been abandoned by nintendo because they dont really bring out any top quality games

Yea you're right! They may as well abandon the best selling bit of gaming hardware ever created.

Just because they don't make games for it that you (or I - I sold mine within 6 months of getting it at launch) appreciate, it doesn't mean that it's badly made or idiotic. Nintendo are making a ridiculous amount of money, and fair play to them.

It's a shame that they are no longer making as many of the Nintendo games of old, but I can understand why they are doing it.

Associate
Don't know why there's so much hate in here...

It's a great multiplayer console, games that get regular play:
Mariokart
House of the dead: Overkill (reallly fun on the rails shooter)
wii sports/play
Smash Bros
Rayman - Raving Rabbids

The new motion plus games a meant to be good too

Single player my gf likes:
Harvest moon
pikmin 1 + 2
mini ninjas

There are plenty of games that are good fun, easily the best casual gaming console.

Caporegime
how come everyone struggles to name more than 5 games? if it were any other console you could instantly think of 10-20 classics.

the fact is nearly every game on the wii is just another dev jumping on the money wagon with a steaming repetitive turd that probably takes up half a disc if that.

nearly all the games contain barely any gamplay i dont care how many friends you have they will get as boring as any internet flash game really fast

i suspect ops wife has been conned into the wii helps you stay fit and active crap

i remember when "ghost squad" came out and it was hailed as some awesome instant classic , how many levels does it have again? lol ive seen longer game demo's than most wii games

Back
Top Bottom