RAID nightmare with W7 and x58

Associate
How many of you are running Win 7 64-bit with RAID? I've had nothing but issues trying to get RAID working in Windows 7 since my new i7 rig appeared yesterday and I'm beginning to lose the plot!

Here goes...

i7 920 D0
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
6GB Corsair 1600MHz CL7
Radeon 4890
650w PSU

Everything connected
Turn on RAID in BIOS
Launch RAID util and create a RAID 1 array with two 1TB Spinpoint F3s
Install Windows 7, drivers and updates

Install completes fine, I noticed that according to HDTach and HDTune my read speeds would drop off to less than 10MB/s after the 200GB mark so i try updating drivers which are apparently up to date.

I then tried updating the BIOS and this made things worse, I can now no longer ever get a Windows 7 install to complete without BSOD'ing or telling me an error has occured at some point during the install even with failsafe settings.

I've ran Memtest and no issues have occured, I've run the Samsung hard drive diagnostic tool and that has come back without issue, Windows 7 installs fine when going to a single drive but as soon as I try RAID the whole thing craps out. I've rolled the BIOS back to F7 and now I have a more stable install but still no luck, if the install works then the speeds are still horrendous.

Am I missing something or is there some weird voodoo curse on my hardware?

Soldato
Which RAID controller you using? I use the intel one and have 2 RAID arrays a single HDD and a optical drive all getting along fine with W7 64bit.

Back
Top Bottom