*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
So how is IW.net holding up? Is it the complete shambles it was painted as?

So far so good mate. Just as good as the console, if not better (best that was expected). Lag free so far at my end (green bars, and no sign of jumping around across the map etc).

It looks exactly as though you are on a 360 (if anyone has COD4 on there you know what i mean).

Seems to be a lot of people playing as i joined a server instantly.

Can invite your friends etc.

Haven't played SP. But very good so far.

Associate
i will take back what i said,its pretty damn good actually first thing i did was went online and see for myself if it lagged or not and guess what not once have i had any or lost connection played online nearly and hour and pretty damn good,hopefully when tonight comes it wont be any different that will be the testing time.

So far so good mate. Just as good as the console, if not better (best that was expected). Lag free so far at my end (green bars, and no sign of jumping around across the map etc).

It looks exactly as though you are on a 360 (if anyone has COD4 on there you know what i mean).

Seems to be a lot of people playing as i joined a server instantly.

Can invite your friends etc.

Haven't played SP. But very good so far.

Sounds better than we hoped. However I heard that there were lots of problems last night with finding/joining games, these fixed this morning? (Tbh, the instant one of you already posted says there were NO issues last night then you lose all credibility as I've heard that there were from numerous sources.)

Associate
Did anyone else get asked for 'Disc 3' during the install and then have a mini panic attack thinking wtf I only have two!? :confused:

Left 'Disc 2' in there and just hit ok and it carried on, bit odd.

Not tried the MP yet but then never really played MP on the first one tbh. But managed to get a couple of hours in on the SP before going to bed. Seems decent if fairly typical CoD, so if it's your kind of FPS you'll probably love it.

Performance, checking with Fraps, is decent though can be a bit all over the place. Dropped down to the mid 40s-ish on a couple of bits with a lot of smoke affects but spend most of the time a lot higher than that an getting well over 100+ in places. It's odd though that I have vSync on and didn't notice any tearing but fraps is still showing the FPS as being all over the place as if vSync is not working. Not sure if that's to do with how the engine renders and/or something that the new fraps is doing?

Should get sometime to get stuck into it a bit more when I get home tonight, might give the MP a go as well. Though tonight is beta night for another game. :(

Soldato
Sounds better than we hoped. However I heard that there were lots of problems last night with finding/joining games, these fixed this morning? (Tbh, the instant one of you already posted says there were NO issues last night then you lose all credibility as I've heard that there were from numerous sources.)

So what about the credibility of the people who said there were issues, mibbe they were talkin guff!!

Some people are gonna hate seeing this do so well :)

Associate
doesnt matter to me wether it plays without a hitch. i dont like my flexibility being taken away. dont like being forced into servers and having no options.
i only play waw because i can go into bolt only servers etc

So what about the credibility of the people who said there were issues, mibbe they were talkin guff!!

Some people are gonna hate seeing this do so well :)

???

No. There were problems late last night, FACT. I don't need to know that I have heard from numerous sources that there were. Some people are still having issues today, what I want to know is how many of them? I know that it won't be a trouble free experience as it never is with new games/services, I just want to know the fail rate (or success rate).

I didn't cancel my preorder to start with until IW started saying that PC gamers were pathetic nerds and blocked people from registering with their forum etc, it was their customer relations that annoyed me the most. Because of this of course I'd like to see the company crash and burn.

Associate
Ok so had 5 rounds

Pro's -
Get into games fast,

Cons -
Hit registry appears to be very sketchy , just aim in the rough direction. No skill needed in this game.
Lag - sometimes. Even though all players green bars are maxed, some players strobe from one place to another.
had 2 games where it paused, everyone was doing the running man on the spot. for around 10 secs.
1 game closed mid battle.

2 games appeared to be ok, but everything does seem very unresponsive, maybe I need to adjust some settings and give it some more time.

Soldato
As i tried to say last night though, which big FPS multiplayer has had a flawless launch with zero issues?

Problem with MW2 is that even the slightest issue is going to be blown up into "OMG epic fail, told ya so!!!!!!"

Soldato
A little review by me, im by no means a pub hero and try to follow the competitive scene but this is how i see it.

Public so far has been an absolute joy, out of 20+ games ive played so far i got chucked in with one group of aussies so the system seems to be working for me, plenty of different modes weapon reg is spot on, the bad parts is currently there is no mode to turn off kill streak perks in public games ( uav,drops,arti etc ) although it wouldnt take IW 2 seconds to add this in at a later stage, there are richochet modes in which if you try to tk its forced back to you, and the 'out of the box' play seems good private matches has a good array of customizable options but only the option to turn off perks alltogether and not customise which ones are allowed.

All in all, 10/10 so far ( for IW.NET )

Associate
As i tried to say last night though, which big FPS multiplayer has had a flawless launch with zero issues?

Problem with MW2 is that even the slightest issue is going to be blown up into "OMG epic fail, told ya so!!!!!!"

agree completley, if you dont want to buy the game get out the thread, simple as.

Back
Top Bottom