The "Post your pictures here" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Did you crop out the top of the trees or is that as it is? Would look much better with the tops in frame imo. :)

Someone on Flickr asked the same thing, so I'll copy and paste my response from there as I am lazy :p

This is actually cropped. I did the crop, then spent about 5-10 minutes processing it, then realised I should have kept the whole tree in but I couldn't be bothered to do all the processing again (probably some way I could have gone back, but never mind!)

I might do it again with the whole tree :)

Soldato
York Minster at Night:

dsc03246u.jpg

dsc03248r.jpg

dsc03253t.jpg

dsc03288.jpg

Some foggy scenes from York:

dsc03354pm.jpg

dsc03385jm.jpg

More on my flickr page.

Associate
Yarde inspired me to take my camera to a local fireworks display, whilst i did not come out with many and the ones i kept will never live up to his standard, i quite like the ones i've chosen. Also i finally got round to uploading some ones of the sheep i took a while back.

Full sets on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ollie_adams-liggins/ << needs hits! :L
4090051191_8e4513a43f_b.jpg

4090788022_e8ff9defbb_b.jpg

4090771836_b05f07fe73_b.jpg

I apologise for the size of the photos, firefox won't let me "copy image location" or anything like that when i right click on the standard size for some reason? :(

EDIT** ScarySquirrel, how do you process photos to be in that colour scheme you have done for the past few photos? I really love the Urbex feel they have and want to learn how to do that :)

Soldato
Someone on Flickr asked the same thing, so I'll copy and paste my response from there as I am lazy :p

This is actually cropped. I did the crop, then spent about 5-10 minutes processing it, then realised I should have kept the whole tree in but I couldn't be bothered to do all the processing again (probably some way I could have gone back, but never mind!)

I might do it again with the whole tree :)

Oi :p

But yeah, would like to see it with the tree in frame, although still a lovely shot! It's making me want to use MF again, not sure why! :p

Soldato
Oi :p

But yeah, would like to see it with the tree in frame, although still a lovely shot! It's making me want to use MF again, not sure why! :p

hehe, sorry dude!

I tried processing it again last night but I couldn't get the same effect so I gave up :(
I still have a load of photos to process from a group shoot I did on Saturday so I probably won't get a chance to revisit it for a while.

What do you mean by MF? Manual Focus?

EDIT** ScarySquirrel, how do you process photos to be in that colour scheme you have done for the past few photos? I really love the Urbex feel they have and want to learn how to do that :)

In Lightroom I convert to grey scale and then use the split toning options to adjust the shadow hue to get the colours I want. If you have Lightroom, just have a play with colours and you should get the desired effect :)

Last edited:
Soldato
hehe, sorry dude!

I tried processing it again last night but I couldn't get the same effect so I gave up :(
I still have a load of photos to process from a group shoot I did on Saturday so I probably won't get a chance to revisit it for a while.

What do you mean by MF? Manual Focus?

Medium Format.

Take it you didn't crop and process within LR only? Or you use the post-crop processing?

Soldato
Here's a memory stick taken with my recently aquired extension tubes I'm quite amazed by the magnification with all 3 tubes stacked. Hopefully I can find something abit more interesting to shoot at the weekend.

memory%20stick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom