*** Official Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Thread***

Associate
I sooooo wanted this to be a leap from cod mw, get rid of the biggest annoyances, add something special and from what I had read and seen with my son playing on his 360....... its just another shooter :(

how long do you think before mw2 is barely played by anyone? no wonder number 3 is scheduled for next year, might aswell cos no-one will still be playing number 2 I bet!!!

Soldato
Can someone tell me why there's so much buzz surrounding this game?
Is this a follow up to COD4? I know that game was considered to be pretty good but don't understand why this is a huge release. (genuine question, not being funny :) )

cod4 was an incredible game, this is not in my opinion.

Associate
what a stupid idea, why did it come with discs if they want you to download it from steam! no matter what i try it wont install from disk

I've had no problems whatsoever with the installation. Just popped disc 1 in and after a while disc 2. Took about 15-20 mins altogether. Simples ;)

Soldato
I have enjoyed playing on the ps3 with this on split screen but there isnt enough about it to go and purchase it for the pc. Its just very samey samey.

I think ill wait for the next release in the series maybe that will have dedicated servers back.

Associate
I have enjoyed playing on the ps3 with this on split screen but there isnt enough about it to go and purchase it for the pc. Its just very samey samey.

I think ill wait for the next release in the series maybe that will have dedicated servers back.

if you insert the DVD and go to install but the servers are busy, it'll wanna download it.
just either pop the disk out and back in, or open it up, and choose re-install.
job done.
(though you'll have to keep trying till the servers allow it)

Man of Honour
I hate Steam.

Why cant I just install games normally? Damn thing crashed half way through install and now insists on DOWNLOADING the game instead?!

Man of Honour
It's ok, I'm now installing it off the CD again.

OH WAIT IM NOT.

'The steam servers are too busy to handle your request. Please try again later'

I don't want to fiddle with Steam servers. I want to install this PHYSICAL SINGLE PLAYER GAME I have in my hand and PLAY IT BY MYSELF.

GRRRR

Soldato
fair enough:)
incredible single player or multi? if single player I might just have to pick up COD4 and see what I missed then maybe get this one.
If the hype is around the multiplayer I'm not too fussed.

Single player was a fantastic game in its self but I must warn you it is very short. So if you are getting for single player side only I wouldnt pay full price for it. Try and pick it up second hand.

Soldato
The MP is great! Great sized maps, unlocks, rewards, loads of attachments for each weapon. Having to give it a rest now as my arm aches lol!

Anyone looked at the high end unlockable killstreak rewards! Tactical Nuke anyone? :D

Soldato
:O and theres me thinking the attack heli was good lol

I miss the dogs from World at war though :(

Yeah, there are two different types of helis as well. Can't wait to try out the AC130 but I think the required kills isn't very doable on a regular basis unless you snipe.

the dogs are gone?? good i hated them dogs, used to kill me nearly every time!

Indeed, they were only in the WW2 one, COD WAW. There are dogs in the SP, but gladly not the MP.

Back
Top Bottom