335i with 70k on the clock

Soldato
Would you be concerned? Is it the usual "if it has been well maintained" type deal, or is the new motor throwing up issues at higher miles?
Guess my concerns would be the turbos. It would do minimal miles under my ownership however.
Its the Coupe by the way, not that it should make any real difference.

A couple of the AutoTrader Ads I have looked at show 40mpg extra urban. Surely this cannot be correct? It also shows it as being £215 a year tax which also doesnt sound right.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers,

Man of Honour
Depends how much it is. The major concern with this calibre of car is resale value. I'd have no worries about condition or longevity but it needs to be cheap enough to offset the fact it will be hard to sell.

The latest BMW MPG figures need liberal helpings of salt.

Soldato
OP
Its got an asking price of 15k, through a dealer (not BMW).

Resale probably wont be too much of a deal breaker for me. I will probably keep it for 5 years then trade it in against something else.

I am at the bottom end of the market for these really.

Associate
efficient dynamics ones like mine (2008 models built from Sept 2007 onwards) have lower co2 emissions not by much though. from waht i remember it does put it in the lwoer bracket

Soldato
From what I remember when I got mine is that the early ones start at 228 before moving down below the tax band in sept 2007 onwards.

As Fox says be wary of any quoted mpg figures. I tend to get low to mid 20s round town and mid 30s quite easily on the motorway. But if your doing minimal miles then petrol shouldn't be a big outlay should it?

As for mechanical concerns it would depend how its been looked after. Services, number of previous owners etc.

Soldato
15k??? :eek:

I'd be a bit worried!

Don't forget that a massive chunk of the general public are petrified of mileage on a car, start chucking miles like that on and they run away screaming, prepared to fork out double for one that has done 3.5k a year rather than 35k a year. They don't realise the fact that turbo's don't like running cold and being turned on and off.

Cheap but big miles for the year.

Soldato
Am I reading this right? You are worried about a car with 70k on the clock? Do you expect it to blow up and take half of Essex with it?

Although, 15k is a super deal if its got a service history.

Soldato
OP
Am I reading this right? You are worried about a car with 70k on the clock? Do you expect it to blow up and take half of Essex with it?

Although, 15k is a super deal if its got a service history.

Nope, you aren't reading it right :p

I wanted to know if there were any issues with these cars and higher than average miles. Lets face it, its a fairly new setup and quite an unusual one for BMW. With 2 turbo's into the mix there is plenty to go wrong.
Just covering the usual bases. If there were any horror stories with these motors I can rely on the Motors regulars to bring them to light ;)

Associate
Nope. But you can go there if you like.

suit yourself. im actually giving sincere advice by telling u to go there :rolleyes: its a forum dedicated to the e9X models but u think here has more knowledge over them when there are probably less than 5 owners on here with one? youre potentially going to be forking out your hard earned over a car which you are already doubting its reliabilty when it already seems it has no warranty left...

Caporegime
k3wt, I think it's your use of the 'rolling eyes' icon more than anything. It's viewed as quite a negative one in these parts (due to overuse by some in the past I must admit!)

PS I'd love a 335i at 15k :cool:

Soldato
OP
k3wt, I think it's your use of the 'rolling eyes' icon more than anything. It's viewed as quite a negative one in these parts (due to overuse by some in the past I must admit!)

PS I'd love a 335i at 15k :cool:

Pretty much sums it up :)

Thanks for the advice people, tis appreciated.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom