• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Spec me a low priced pci-e but not rubbish :P

Soldato
Looking for a decent pci-e card for a new build. Its gonna be 70% windows with some light gaming . I dont know much about the bottem end of the market as a lot of stuff is rebranded/named cards of previous high end cards .

I guess in looking for summit similia to the performance of a 8800gt ish . I had a scour of ocuk but seem to have a real lack of stock of £50ish cards .

Ty

Persil

Soldato
For that kind of money you will have a hard time getting a brand new card with performance around the 8800GT.

This and this are as cheap as you can get with that kind of performance.

However, if you are willing to go second hand, you can get that performance (or better) for £50 or less. Look out for:

Nvidia:
8800 GT/GTX/GTS(512MB)
9800 GT/GTX(+)
GTS 250

ATI:
4870 (if you're lucky)

Soldato
OP
Ok maybe i was asking abit much for a card that matches a 8800 :p Im running a 4870 atm which is fine for my needs .. I dont need uber graphics .. Maybe sims/wow older games . I dont need all the toys at silly ress (1440x900) .

Does that help ?

Persil

Back
Top Bottom