Milton Keynes to Slough

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

The road between Leighton Buzzard and Aylesbury in the morning is bumper to bumper slow all the way 9/10 mornings until you'r out the other side of Aylesbury. I'd personally probably choose route 1 out of your two choices. Although, as I live near Aylesbury route 2 would be better for me. Depends what time you're going to be heading off.

Permabanned
My boss does this journey all the time (Lives in Milton Kippers and works in Slough). I just asked him and he said he can map it if you like but essentially newton longville - bierton - weston turnville - amersham - gore hill - beaconsfield - slough. :)

EDIT: So basically your second route. :D

He did say "there are bypasses for amersham and a short cut over the canal bridge before aylesbury" to add to your route. It still takes him about 90 minutes though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
He normally leaves at about 7:30 and gets there about 9. We work in the far end of the trading estate, towards Burnham so he probably hits quite a bit of traffic in Slough.

I'll see if I can get a map tomorrow when I'm back in the office, but I sent him the link to your 2nd one and that's pretty much it apart from the Amersham bit.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

My boss does this journey all the time (Lives in Milton Kippers and works in Slough). I just asked him and he said he can map it if you like but essentially newton longville - bierton - weston turnville - amersham - gore hill - beaconsfield - slough. :)

EDIT: So basically your second route. :D

He did say "there are bypasses for amersham and a short cut over the canal bridge before aylesbury" to add to your route. It still takes him about 90 minutes though.

Yeah, that short cut over the canal bridge is to take a left just before Aylesbury in Bierton and through Broughton. Then cross over the roundabout and turn off by the Holiday Inn, down into Weston Turville, then Wendover, then Amersham....

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Having never done this route before, I have a feeling I would get lost with the short cuts. Is there any chance someone can knock this up on a google map for me? Thanks.

SamuraiTortoise

S

SamuraiTortoise

Having just looked at your Route 2 in more detail and zooming in, you already have the short cuts in there. Just follow that to the letter and you'll be fine!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. The M25/M1 route is too much for me to bare 3 days a week. Took a colleague 3 hours to get home the other day, instead of 1.5.

Associate
yes, I do this route often enough. From where I am I go through, Mursley, Swanbourne and off towards Aylesbury, Amersham, Beaconsfield.

Infact this is the route I tend to follow when I go that area of the country, it's just more peaceful and painless.

Permabanned
Lol, living in MK and working in Slough. Sux2bu!

Only kidding btw, I'm sure Milton Keynes is awesome. I went to a club there once on the outskirts, cheesy big one, name escapes me...

Slough isn't a bad place to work to be honest, lots of well paying jobs here.

Do you mean The Sanctuary in Bletchly that they used to do Helter Skelter etc. in?

Associate
How long does it take you Velocity? Thanks.

takes me an hour and a half and on a good day 1 hr and 15 odd mins generally, depends on the time. If I leave early 6.30/7 then only come across problems around Aylesbury but there are shortcuts, sometimes slow around Amersham.

That way there is less risk of a major incident and massive delays, M25 is just a lottery and I do my very best to avoid.

Back
Top Bottom