A4 problem

Associate
My friend has just got a 2 year old A4, 8000 miles iirc.

The problem is that when he's going down a steepish hill the car will stutter. At first I thought it may be an electronic engine braking thing but it happens if he's accelerating too.
The garage sent out a technician who said there was nothing wrong with the car. He then took it back to the garage ( 150 miles ) for them to have a look at it again. The 2nd tech did notice the problem but didn't know what the cause was. They then took out another random A4 from the garage and this done the same thing ! According to the garage they had never had any complaints before.

A report was sent to Audi who say ( according to the dealer ) there is nothing wrong, they all do that. :confused:

Seems weird for a car to cut power while going down hill and accelerating.

Anyone heard of this problem ?

Associate
haha thats all I could come up with.. :D

but I wasn't going to post it... :p

Another Level!

352633.jpg

:p

Associate
OP
So his Audi has DSG? There are a couple of people complaining of this on the Golf forums I use, no resolution as yet.

DSG ?

He and the tech drove the other Audi and it done the same thing. The tech said that he'd never seen the "problem" before.
He's obviously worried that it could cause an accident at some point, maybe overtaking and accelerating down a steep hill and the engine cuts.

Caporegime
DSG ?

He and the tech drove the other Audi and it done the same thing. The tech said that he'd never seen the "problem" before.
He's obviously worried that it could cause an accident at some point, maybe overtaking and accelerating down a steep hill and the engine cuts.

An automatic gear box, as the people complaining of it on the VW forums had a DSG box iirc.

If the tech has noticed the problem, surely he can reject the car if they don't fix it?

Associate
OP
It's a manual.

The problem is although the tech said he had never seen the problem before, the dealer ( after sending a report to Audi ) are saying it's normal and there is nothing wrong.
He's in discussions with the dealer at the moment about changing the car even though they say there's nothing wrong.

Caporegime
Does it cut power whilst going up a steep hill?

Anybody know the location of the fuel pickup in the A4, my guess would be a fuel system problem, unless one of the sensors (crank position etc) was slack and moving away from the crank when going downhill, problem is something like that shold throw a CEL.

Permabanned
If it's 2 years old then surely he doesn't have to drive 150 miles, he can just take it to his local Audi dealer who will fix it under warranty (if the can). Unless you really do live in the middle of nowhere!

Back
Top Bottom