Help with Asus Maximus III Formular [please]

Associate
So i got this bad boy [asus maximus III formular] in an Thermaltake Element G case. One problem is that the Q connector has female pins for a 4 pin speaker. This seems to be entirely void from the thermaltake design.... does this mean that I will simply be without system beeps if something goes wrong? further I have always used on baord sound before now so I have no Idea how to wire this supreme fx II in. I can't find a plug labelled HD audio.. do I simply plug the AC97 into the jumper that fits best on the back of the card? Still more confusing yet is that my gainward GTX285 has a HD audio cable on it too, with just 2 pins where the hell does this go? GOD things were so simple on the old P5B. I also fear I may have to play in the bios [BOOO] to make the front panel hd headphone socket work. I am dying on my Arse here.
Any help please?
Love what you guys do here [wish I could]
Sarch

Associate
Well oddly enough the manual does explain quite clearly which each of the 3 connectors on the back of the SupremeFX card do. It isn't labelled on the device however not really enough space on the card itself for me.

I find it quite tedious reading the manual when I have the shiny new kit in front of me, but with modern boards it is worth doing. Especially with all the BIOS options coming through on Overclocking boards, however I have found that worth a read these days.

Top one at rear of card is Optical
Middle is Front Panel
Bottom is Digital Audio connector.

Connect to Middle one for the front panel audio to get the headphone socket to work.

Go into the BIOS and then Advanced / Onboard Device Configuration is the menu for the front panel selection as set to either AC97 or HD-Audio depending upon what connection in the case. If is AC97 then set to that.

Ignore the cable from the GTX285.

I don't believe that there is a speaker on the board. As can't see one in the diagrams, however there are more then enough LED's etc on this board to indicate what is wrong.

Associate
OP
Glad i asked for help thanks mate. but one thing... the HDMI cable from the gainward 285gtx I should just leave it unplugged? It's no use at all? LOL afterI spent about 2 hours trying to find a 2 pin header with SPdif on it and ground lol. Anyway many thanks for your help, many thanks indeed.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
heh, I find it hard to read the instruction manual too! particularly with a nice shiny motherboard/GPU/cpu or whatever in front of me :D

*cpu will be shiny after a run in with sand paper:D*

Back
Top Bottom