Enter the Dragon

Associate
Decided to re house my rig from my skeleton. wanted somethink a bit more traditional but with good potential for a little modding. I choose the lancool Dragonlord k62 courtesy of our host :)

Image053_1.jpg

I have ordered the optional window side panel as the style is a little different and will hide the hdd compartment in comparison tto the 1 it comes with. Having both will at least give me options should i want to swith for the bigger window.

Associate
OP
Hi again got the other window too now heres what they look like

100_0086.jpg

andto compare this is the additional one i bought

100_0087.jpg

and now the case unpacked but i couldnt help poping my opty driver in for good measures hehe

100_0089.jpg

100_0090.jpg

Associate
Whats the finish like on that side panel? I got a mid tower Lian Li which is the same size, but made of aluminium instead. That side panel looks perfect for me but not sure if it will match. My case has a brushed black finish.

That case looks nice though :) Make sure you get some photos up when you got your system in there

Associate
OP
The side panels have a matte finish on them.
Drives went in well easy with the tooless design.
The hdd rack can fit 4 with this really nice locking mechanism too, 1 thumbscrew to lock them all and the drives slide in nice & easy. Also the drives can be fitted eaither way round to hide the cables :)
I fited my 2 hdd's in alternate bays to allow for extra airflow and on the plus side i can see the raptor x better when the lid is off.

100_0093.jpg

Now got the mb in place too and decided to go with air cooling to start with so i stole the zalman back from my 2nd rig. Omg was this a pain in the **** to fit. The clip for the 775 would not go on the right side because the heatsink was in the way so i turn it round and then the capacitor was fouling the clip on the otherside :(
Eventually after twisting a little and near pinging the cap of the mb, it fitted :D (phew)

100_0096.jpg

Associate
OP
Ofc you can :)

100_0094.jpg

100_0099-1.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0097.jpg

100_0105.jpg

100_0095.jpg

I still have some tidying to do but i want to get it all in and running looking as neat as i can and then il go back and gradually tidy some cables maybe have a go at braiding them.

Associate
OP
The rear also has two ports for watercooling which is something i will probably go back to at a later date and il get a better setup for this build.

100_0103.jpg

Associate
OP
got 1 last pic before camera battery died :S
behind the mb tray

100_0134.jpg

i can take some more when its charged if u want a closeup of any area :)

Associate
OP
Not yet tested much i just got it powered up.
Still oc'd @4gz and at idle i see 33/33 for both cores on realtemp
under load on prime 95 i see 47/50 max on the two cores not a lot different from when i had water cooling using the thermaltake bigwater kit.
On prime tourture test 2 its not fully stable i get 20 mins and then a core will fail but the core volts max'd at 1.20v and when 1 core fails the other continues infinately but i see the volts increase to 1.21v so im guessing that a little volt increase could solve that issue. Under everyday conditions its fine i had no probs. I noticed the top fans are blowing out so i may turn them around and see how things are over time. Also im waiting on a 3-pin to molex converter so i only have one top fan powered at the mo.
Overall im pleased with it tho and glad i got the additional window :)

heres some more pics:

100_0128.jpg

100_0131.jpg

100_0132.jpg

100_0133.jpg

100_0110.jpg

100_0124.jpg

100_0116.jpg

Associate
got the exact same case :p are you selling your side panel? mines got a crack in it :(,

Iv replaced the hard drive cage with a lian li hard drive cage what fits in the 5.25 bays so the front fan brings in more air :), i also found it quite hard do route wires in the case :(

Associate
I picked up one of these cases up today but without thinking I never checked what size graphics card will fit.

It looks like the 5970 (30cm) will be too long for the case (29cm), or do you think the card would just pop into one of the 5.25 bays.

Not that I'm getting the 5970 as out of my price range and requirements but who knows in a few years time.

Associate
OP
Just checked on mine and it looks like it should be fine. i did measure up and ive got 1cm clearance at the end of my gfx card and its 29cm so maybe the case spec playing it safe in terms that some cards have the pci-e connectors at the end or something.

Associate
OP
Hi marc i havent decided what to do with the other side panel yet but if i do decide to sell it il let you know. I found routng cables not too bad it was my 24 pin connector that caused a problem on my mb seeing as it was at the back near the io was inconvenient but i did manage to route it under my gfx card which was a fluke :D

Associate
OP
Slinkie-All the case fans have 3 pin plugs and i ran out of 3pin sockets to use :D. 1 3pin to molex adapter was supplied with the case but i need to get another so i can power that last fan up.

This is my 2nd go at modding now and i have learned a lot from every1 here so thx for that :)
I will do some more bits to it over time but u think it looks okay so far?

Associate
There's a thread here with some picks of builds (mine has changed a bit to cf 5770s and a H50 cooler but haven't got any good picks of it.

It's a shame about your mobo power cable.

Back
Top Bottom