*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How do you find resonance/noise?

I've noticed on odd nights that my Lian Li due to it being so quiet you can hear resonance between the thin aluminium panels! a quick tap in the resonating area sorts it though.

Hmm

Associate
Is there any good alternatives to the 140mm fans,as i dont like the white fan blades.

i believe yate loon do a very good 140mm fan

but overclockers only stock 1 140mm fan which is the FD140
there is an alaska alternative but its got 14cm/13.5cm/13cm fittings lol and its blue

wont be too long before 140mm takes up the slack and becomes the standard

i want a full 140mm case

Associate
so you can only fit 1 140mm fan to this case which is the side and the rest are all 120mm fittings ?

how are the 120mm fans ? are they very quiet and do they keep the system cooled as the fans run at 1000rpm

thanks

Associate
■1 rear Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series 15dB fan (included)
■1 front Fractal Design 120mm Silent Series 15dB fan (included)
■1 front 120mm fan (optional)
■1 bottom 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
■1 side panel 120mm/140mm fan (optional)
■2 top 120mm/140mm fan (optional)

Associate
anyone know what size/type of blue led the case has at the top? like to change to a white led.
dsc0235s.jpg

Associate
Got my case set up now, Very solid case.

I can say that is it the quietest thing ever, compared to my old CM 201B anyway. I can hardly tell its on!

Cable management is really good, but there isnt a lot of space behind the motherboard tray for the PSU cables. Was a wrestle to get the back cover on.

The 2 supplied 120m fans are also pretty much silent, a very feint clicking from the rear one but not noticable once the covers are all on.

The only little flaw is the one of the grill holes at the top of the case is slightly bent, but doesnt really affect anything.

Associate
Looks a nice case not sure my cable management skills are good enough to keep everything tidy inside it:( hmm a lot of choices for my next build when it comes to cases:rolleyes:

Associate
how can OCUK justify putting these up from £89.99 to £99.99, i was wanting one of these and was waiting for the new stock for the fan fitting problem to be fixed and now its £10 more what a joke.

there competitors are all selling these for £89.99, is this how ocuk work is this how they treat all the customers sell the small amount they have in stock cheap and then screw the rest of us by putting it up who did not get a chance to get one or wating for the fixed batch.

not happy at all and i just opend an account to as i am nearly ready to order as i have just about all my items i need but this has put me right of.

Associate
I Guess its supply and demand, try and get one anywhere else and I think you will struggle to get on before next year, looks like they have all pretty much gone here also now anyway.
I would wait until they are in stock and see what the prices are before passing any judgement. Dont forget that you will have to add delivery at many of the "other" suppliers" when they have had your money for a while and finally get some stock.

Not done any posts here for quite some time, but I am in the market for a new home server case and I think this would be just the ticket myself !

Associate
Just ordered, now all sold out, looks like I got the last of this batch. Should make a good home server with 8 drive bays, an upgrade from my TranquilPC SQA5H 5 setup. 16Tb of storage anyone ! should keep me busy Blu-Ray and DVD's.

Associate
I Guess its supply and demand, try and get one anywhere else and I think you will struggle to get on before next year, looks like they have all pretty much gone here also now anyway.
I would wait until they are in stock and see what the prices are before passing any judgement. Dont forget that you will have to add delivery at many of the "other" suppliers" when they have had your money for a while and finally get some stock.

Not done any posts here for quite some time, but I am in the market for a new home server case and I think this would be just the ticket myself !

there are other places that have these in stock now and are £89.99 so its not so much of a struggle and even if you pay extra for the post t still works out cheaper than here.

I wanted to spend about £1000 on a new system and not happy about the price rise as its making this spend more and more but i will see what prices they are when they come in as i am trying to get all my parts from one place

Back
Top Bottom