HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Soldato
Is there any way of changing either the HTC Search widget or Android Search widget to check google.co.uk rather than google.com?

And is there any way of being able to change the homepage on Dolphin browser?

Soldato
Just got it today.

virgin 300 minutes and 300 texts, sim only - £10pm.

To:
to t mobile 800 minutes 500 texts and unlimited net - £22.50pm.

Rang orange who offered:
900 minutes, unlimited landline calls, unlimited txts and 500mb net - £24pm.

Don't know whether to send the t mobile one back now as orange are the btter network imo. Will ring up vodaphone before hand though.

Or I could just send it back keep my tocco lite and get an o2 12month sim with £100 cashback which works out at £12pm.

Soldato
what plan?
EDIT: Sounds too good to be true to me.

I can't see how Orange would offer that deal when it's effectively Dolphin 40, which is £34.25 alone, with free internet (£8.51) and free landline calls (£?) added on, but for £10 less than the basic plan.

Is there any way of getting multitouch to work with the Dolphin browser?
Isn't multitouch already enabled? I'm pretty sure I've got v1.2.8 (even though the page says v1.2.7 is the latest) and the release notes say multitouch is enabled.

What version are you running?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have no idea whatsoever I just called up told him what t-mobile offered me and he offered that back. Rang the 0800 0792 000 no.

Just rang that number and spoke to orange.

He said for the phone for free he could not match or even come close to that offer.....

Did you get the phone for free?

Soldato
Just rang that number and spoke to orange.

He said for the phone for free he could not match or even come close to that offer.....

Did you get the phone for free?

Yep free phone. Okay perhaps I should have taken that deal there and then and packed up the phone I've just opened! Would I have a problem sending the phone back within the allocated 7 days?

I'm thinking about bartering with t-mobile now. If I started doing this is there a chance they wouldn't take the phone back?

Caporegime
Yep free phone. Okay perhaps I should have taken that deal there and then and packed up the phone I've just opened! Would I have a problem sending the phone back within the allocated 7 days?

I'm thinking about bartering with t-mobile now. If I started doing this is there a chance they wouldn't take the phone back?

You have a good deal with Tmobile. If its within 7 days then its fine by law.

orange 3 G netwrok is better.

You may not get that deal from orange again.

I have rung them 3 times now witholding my number and they just say they cannot come close to that deal

Back
Top Bottom