Please help me find out why my Sony Vaio is now running so slow!

Associate
Hi guys

Stupidly I took the base of my Sony Vaio VGN-A417 apart to ID the motherboard manufacturer (still no joy BTW). Anyway, I eventually managed to get it back up and running. However, since doing so, it has been running very sloooow - too slow to stream anything although audio is fine. Flicking between windows takes an age as well.

The fan is also now running incredibly noisy which leads me to think the CPU is getting hammered hence the noise to cool it down. Although I could be well wide of the mark.

Any advice as to what it could be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Associate
OP
thanks Infamous.

Silly question(s) but if I look in task manager under CPU performance the CPU is showing as 90-100%. Does that tally with your theory? Also, how do I resolve the issue - is it a case of re-bonding the heatsink to the CPU?

Thanks

Associate
No problem mate, well when you go in to task manager, can you check what process is using that much CPU? Because its way to high, try and end that process. It might be something just hammering the cpu, causing the system to run slow. And might not be the heat issue slowing it down

Back
Top Bottom