How old is your case?

Associate
2 years and one month with my Antec P182 here. Going to replace it with an SFF Lian Li v351b soon as I'm not taking 14kg worth of steel to Uni :p

I'll be keeping it though and will use it as a fileserver in a few years or so as it can take up to 10 HDDs. Can't wait to play with RAID 5 :D

Associate
Still have my Cooler Master ATCS 201 too after 7 or 8 years... no immediate plans to replace it, so turned out to be good value after paying £100 or so for it!

Soldato
I have a variation of a Chieftec Dragon (but not door), thats circa year 2000. It has some artic cooling 90cm fans, and it's holding up well. It's had 4 motherboards in this time, first Pentium 3, now an Intel i5.

I have another Chieftec thats a mini tower and thats 1997.

Question if anyone can answer? What happened to Chieftec, why do Overclockers not sell them any more, is everyone out of love with them?

Here is a tip: Every time I fit a new motherboard to an old case, I put the case in the bath and wash it out with washing up liquid, all the crap is removed and the case comes up as new. Make sure I dry before fitting new motherboard.

Soldato
4 x Cooler Master ATCS 201 B BXT since 2003 ish
Hoojum Cubit 3 for 3 years (my current main machine)
Hoojum Cubit 5 for 2 years
Lian Li something or other with my old old old 2.7 GHz Mobile Athlon XP Barton still soldiering on on my trusty Abit NF7 S!

Associate
Only had my case about a year and im bored of it:D the lentgh of time some of you have had your cases is amazing:eek: could never have one that long

Associate
I have a Chenbro full tower case which must be getting on for 10 years old. It's needed a fair amount of hacking & dremeling over the years to fit newer motherboards and 12cm case fans. One day I'll replace it with something shiny and new... :)

Back
Top Bottom