***Official Assassin's Creed II Thread***

Associate
In Venice now, but is there a bug with the watch tower in the centre as in the tallest one in Venice? I just can't seem to get up to the top?! Also in a few reviews i read they mention that it's best to collect all of a "certain" item because if you don't the game will send you back later on to get them so what are the items? Assassin seals, Codecs pages or the glyphs?

Thanks.

I know the tower you're talking about, just wait a wee while. You need to learn a new skill first. ;)

Also, the only thing you need all of are the codex pages, so probably best to collect those as you go along.

Soldato
Completed the 4th memory bank last night :D

Awsome, although, the chases are a bit fast paced, but thats just me being pants :p

LOVE the dual daggers and the best weapon in this game is the poison dagger by miles.

It is so much fun taking assassin for hire side missions and using the poison blade, stand in the crowd that gathers around your target after he starts spazzing out slowly dieing from the poison. Makes you feel so stealthy and pro :D

ags

Associate
For some really good kills pick up a spear. The assisinations are rather good with that but the Counter Attack Kill is just amazing :D

Soldato
You can Assassinate people with what ever weapon on number 2? :o

You have the following that does the following lol:

Hammer
Axe
Spear
Sword
Short sword/dagger
Double Assassin blade
poison blade (my fave by miles!)
throwing blades (brilliant for taking out archers as you leg it along roof tops removing the need to stop and assassinate them)
fists (fun for getting rid of the musical retards)

and a few others. All the above have different attributes/uses and all different animations, for example, you have 3-6 guards surrounding you. Go for the sword, fends well and has decent range. Couple of guards, short sword/dagger to be quick and escape quicker. Several guards trying to get in close, spear, this gives great range and keeps you at distance.

As I said, throwing knives are great for when you are chasing a target along rooftops and you have archers in your way, instead of jumping them with your hidden blade, simply select your knives and throw them when you get close enough, chances are you will take them in one hit and they will drop the the floor as you run past them. Making for fantastic cinematic feel and the target sometimes sees this and panics even more as you get closer! So AWSOME!

Again though, poison blade is so much fun :D

You can only assassinate with your hidden blades though.

I have yet to learn how to drop/throw money, use smoke bombs and a few other things, which I cant wait for to be honest :D

Tonight, I will be doing side missions/view points so that I can get more weapons/unlocks to aid me further in the game.

ags

Soldato
Has anyone noticed the repeditiveness of the first game yet? I loved the first one for general mucking about but the missions bored me, sit on a bench, beat someone up, pickpocket, kill target, repeat... Ill hopefully get this anyway as it was a good way to waste a few hours every now and then. Am just hoping theres a bit more variety to the missions.

Soldato
Has anyone noticed the repeditiveness of the first game yet?

The first game is extremely repetitive, I couldn't play any prolonged period. Found it such a grind and had to take long breaks between sessions.

No such issue with the sequal, managed to have a 11hr + session no danger.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone noticed the repeditiveness of the first game yet? I loved the first one for general mucking about but the missions bored me, sit on a bench, beat someone up, pickpocket, kill target, repeat... Ill hopefully get this anyway as it was a good way to waste a few hours every now and then. Am just hoping theres a bit more variety to the missions.

Every mission is unique and part of the story, so there's no repetitiveness whatsoever.

I too got quite frustrated/bored at the repetitiveness of the firstname (Go to city, go to bureau, do three random missions to get "intel", assassinate target).

I've been hooked on this since Friday and still cant put it down. Have just completed the second last DNA sequence and dont want it to end, so going for 1000/1000 gamerscore on this. :D

Soldato
I know the tower you're talking about, just wait a wee while. You need to learn a new skill first. ;)

Also, the only thing you need all of are the codex pages, so probably best to collect those as you go along.

This tower yes?

img00235.jpg

Soldato
just finished it and as posted earlier in the thread I said the same at "that" point.

Amazing game just wish I hadn't played through it so as I could do it all over again.

Got to be GOTY for me it is even better than Batman!!

Back
Top Bottom