HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Soldato
Seriously looking into this phone now but not seeing many good deals

30 - 35 pm (usually 24month) to get more minutes than I'd use (6-900) and unlimited texts/internet included.

Currently with O2 who do not carry the Hero so will have to jump network - any good ways of getting them to budge on price? :)

Soldato
If you want to go for t-mobile:

£22.50 800 mins, 500 txts unlimited minutes on an 18 month contract.

Seems the reception on t mobile is worse than virgin in my area, worst in my studio which doesn't bode well for me as i'm in there most of the time.

Associate
I signed up for this phone last night with T-Mobile, in the end I got:

Free handset, 300 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (3gb a month) on a 24 month contract for £20 a month.

They really wouldn't budge much for the above on a 18 month contract it was over £25 a month, I’ll use the 7 days free return well and see what I think after the weekend.

I'm currently with Orange and they wouldn't even go close to it with the free handset.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does the Hero use the SD card for? I'm backing up some apps and other bits and pieces to mine, and a quick browse around reveals that the Hero has stuck a few MP3s and photos on there, but is there any advantage of a large and/or fast card apart from having space to store 'stuff' on?

Associate
Thought I would post what I got out of orange, so people could compare with what they were being offered.

handset £15

800mins
unlimited texts (3000)
unlimited internet (250mb)
insurance

around £25.50 a month (18 month contract)

and that was from the retentions department after I told them what t mobile could offer me.

Soldato
I might have to ring Orange again and say im considering going to T-Mobile now. I have that 7 day cooling off period and although I have enough minutes and text's I really could do with Unlimited Internet. At the moment I have that OW Daily capped usage and Unlimited evening & weekend. :(

Soldato
Thought I would post what I got out of orange, so people could compare with what they were being offered.

unlimited internet (250mb)
That's seriously extracting the urine.

I appreciate that none of the telcos seem to understand what the unlimited actually means, but 250MB is half what Orange usually offer for their 'unlimited' internet. Are you 100% sure it's that low?

If it is 250MB you'd best install NetSentry as soon as possible.

Soldato
Been using mine for about 2 weeks now and it's excellent - much quicker after an update too.

Just going to get a class 6 memory card next and be done! Does everything I want, and more, with ease :) Very happy.

Had to get the update from T-Mobile's website direct, as they use different serials on the G2 and you can't get the download from HTC direct - other than that, excellent so far.

can you link me to the update? I can seem to find it on thier site anymore and i wish to update my G2 touch many thanks

Edit: nevermind found it now after a lenghty search.

Last edited:
Soldato
im getting a 8gb microsd card tomorrow, my hero currently doesn't have a card at all.

whats the best way to format it? or do i just put it in the phone and do nothing?

i will be rooting my hero and installing custom ROM

Thanks

Soldato
can you sync android phones with a mac easy enough ? i think it would only be really contacts that id want to keep backing up anyway in all fairness. anyone got experience of it ?

Back
Top Bottom