Office Romances

Associate
Ok I know the hole 'dont poop where you eat' saying but this girl is hot lol

Ive never been involved in an office romance before so im trying to work out if its just this girl that wants to progress things way to quickly or does the fact that you see each other quite abit at work 'count' towards the making of a relationship!?

Man of Honour
Don't dip your nib in the company ink.

Actually, forget it, just hit it. 999 times out of 1000 it won't work, but at least you'll have some fun. Just don't get sacked.

Soldato
seeing each other at work a lot would count against the makings of any proper relationship - at least for me! You need personal space, which you can't get when you work near your partner.

However if she's just after a fling, go for it!

Anyone else find it hard not to mention pastry type snacks at this point?

Associate
OP
seeing each other at work a lot would count against the makings of any proper relationship - at least for me! You need personal space, which you can't get when you work near your partner.

My contract could be over in 2 months, if its extended its not so bad because im in the IT office so only venture up to finance dept when they have problems.

Yeh I've heard all the old wifes tales about office romances and some places do have policies but who cares?! You owe it to yourself to get right in there :)

I think I do owe it to my self!

The main thing thats freaking me out is that we have only been out twice for drinks, ok both times got drunk and kissed abit but last night (second 'date') she told me she wanted to be my girlfriend and shes taking her self off the market for me!

I could only respond with 'im really enjoying getting to know you there is no reason to rush' but night was still fun after.

Man of Honour
Did it once, it was fun, but fortunately she was only a temp and so any awkwardness was short lived, and the fear of disciplinary action was slim. The Christmas party on the other hand was a different issue ;)

Soldato
I had one when I was young (18) and it got me sacked, if you can truly keep it professional in the office then go for it ... but if you're like me and every other free room and/or cupboard is humping ground then you're in for trouble, especially if you get caught - twice.

Soldato
People talking of getting sacked? Since when has it been inappropriate to have a relationship with someone you work with? Loads of people do it.

Back
Top Bottom