• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5970 -- any clue when they're going to be in stock please?

Associate
I'm planning to make a hefty purchase: that of either a Sapphire or XFX 5970 AND a modular Corsair PSU 850W.

I'm just itching to purchase the PSU to start off with. What's holding me is that were I to order both together I'd pay €30.21 in shipping whereas where I to order them separately I'd have pay a total of €43.03 in shipping.

Hence my question, are the 5970's envisaged to be in stock and available before the end of the year?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
.......... Guess you're waiting for your cheap-sapphire as am I!

What did you get yours for?

The pre order included a set amount so I find it hard to believe they're just taking preorders willynilly, they'd just have unlimited pre orders otherwise yet once they were filled the product just went out of stock. The fact other stores have the same date means something must have happened.

If a lorry load of these cards crashed leaving the sapphire warehouse and destroyed a shipment I might cry.

Associate
When questioned about the XFX 5970 BE I received the following courteous reply via a webnote, "No stock has arrived sir, we suspect it wont turn up until next week now."

Associate
What did you get yours for?

The pre order included a set amount so I find it hard to believe they're just taking preorders willynilly, they'd just have unlimited pre orders otherwise yet once they were filled the product just went out of stock. The fact other stores have the same date means something must have happened.

If a lorry load of these cards crashed leaving the sapphire warehouse and destroyed a shipment I might cry.

........Ordered a Sapphire @ £434.04 (free delivery) and also a XFX BE @ £485 (inc delivery). I thought I'd see which comes in first and cancel the other.

Associate
Heh good plan, yeah I got my sapphire for the same. A steal if they ever arrive.

Phoned them today and they didnt have any managers about so no idea on why the delay, one of the managers is emailing me back on monday with an update. If they give a believeable reason other than "we were guessing" i'll update y'all :)

Associate
The pre order included a set amount so I find it hard to believe they're just taking preorders willynilly, they'd just have unlimited pre orders otherwise yet once they were filled the product just went out of stock.

Why not? The list hasn't changed for weeks... probably taking lots of pre orders... getting all the £££ in... shame that interest rates are low...

Associate
I'm not talking about OCUK, I'm talking about the place I pre orderd my card which had the same 27th availability date. They had a set number of pre orders once they ran out the card was removed from the site, there was about 10 for the sapphires.

Back
Top Bottom