Mugged for phone, no insurance

Soldato
My god how stupid can Police be.

They've just told me that they attempted to contact him on the phone number I provided, and when they asked him for his info he hung up the phone. As if he hasn't got rid of the phone now he knows it's been reported.

*Insert facepalm here*

What else could they do? Trace the number and triangulate his location?

Soldato
Honestly there's lots of things they could have done.

But seriously, what would ringing the number have possibly achieved? He's not going to go "Oh yes, it's me, here's my details"?!

Caporegime
police are lame maybe their hands are tied i dont know.

my 15year old son had a phone stolen from the changing room of a drama class he attends.

phone was still beeing used , we knew who took it police simply asked if they had it and were told no.
end of investigation.

Soldato
My best friend was mugged for his phone a couple of years ago. We knew the guy who had stole it and even reported him to the police. They called the number and even asked the guy if that was his phone or if he'd stolen it.

Because he said yeah that was his phone, and that my friend couldn't outright prove it was actually his phone, the police then declined to take further action. We ended up having to corner the guy in an alleyway, threatened him with a tyre iron and got the phone back but not the sim card.

The police serve a purpose, I'm sure we're all aware of that - but they can be such a useless bunch of ****-bags when you need them the most.

Caporegime
That's exactly how I got his number, however I didn't want to side-track the subject into stuff that isn't necessary.

how is mentioning that you know the person who mugged you a side track?
if you know the person, name him to the police, don't just give them a phone number and ask them to get his details.

there is still more that you are not saying imo.

Back
Top Bottom