antec skeleton and v8 coolermaster

Associate
ok so im looking into buying a new case, and the skeleton popped into my sights, sounds like a good plan, but.......

woah there.....

hold on a second.....

my cooler is effin huge........

would anyone have any idea if i would struggle to get this into the skeleton case?

any help would be appreciated

Associate
Anything smaller than 156mm in height will fit into the case with a mod to the rear of the cowling and one of the struts (about 5 mins with the dremmel).

Anything higher than 156 mm will not fit under as it will obstruct the big fan on the top

to be honest though, big coolers don't make a huge difference with this case as it is so good with regards to cooling.

Highly recommend this case to you. You'll find that most of the people who have an opinion on it don't actually have it. It's plenty big enough, enables a cracking OC and is fun to mod...Oh and dust is not an issue in the slightest, in fact less of an issue than a standard case as there are no airflow deadspots.

A few pics of how to do the mod. and a link for you to have a look at.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18059119

Photo0320.jpg

Photo0321.jpg

Photo0323.jpg

Photo0322.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

Photo0393.jpg

Associate
OP
looking at this.........my cooler wouldnt fit haha, im not prepared to hack away at such a nice case so i think i will stick to what i have for now, just looking into overclocking with my new board

Associate
I would echo what g-dubs was saying. Its a gr8 fun case to mod & imo not disapointing either :)
Awsome job btw g-dubs really luv ur skelly, makes mine look stock in comparison hehe.
Anyway ***** if ur oc'ing ur rig why not have a stab at watercooling. the skelly isnt shy to work with :D
Here was what mine looked like
mod1.jpg

Associate
Have to admit i'm in awe of that water cooling mod you did, makes the skelly look even more industrial.

I've never tried WC before, still scares the crap out of me. but really do fancy having a go sometime. Need to start reading up and looking at what sort of kit I can use.

I think Bluntside had an idea for modding a rad into the top fan cowling area, which I can't wait to see.

Back
Top Bottom