Enter the Dragon

Associate
OP
Thx, would be nice to see some pics of your rig get some up maybe when u get a chance ;) Yea guess i make the best of it till i get enough cash to upgrade to i7.
I might be able to hide a bit more of that 24pin cable il have a go when i get some time.
Now the systems in and running im thinking of what improvements to make.
Things i have in mind are;
swap the rear fan out for an enermax and maybe the front too. (with white leds)
Watercooling system (not my old bigwater kit) new rad, pump etc etc. possibly look at what i can do and where i can put it.
Lower compartment shield to hide some of those cables in the bottom and black out the psu.
Fan speed controller
I break open my piggy bank and see how much cash i got to play with :D

Associate
OP
Thx a lot for the nice comments :)
Now that ive got the systerm up and running i have a better feel for the case and what options i have.
The last few days i got that itching for more watercooling so this time around i've decided to make my own custom setup instead of re using the kit i had before (thermaltake bigwater).
I have ordered some nice bits and thankfully a few items my friend is going to donate me which is gr8 when cash is tight this time of year :D
I will post some pics when they arrive ;)

Associate
OP
ok i have some of the parts so they should keep me amused for a little while until i get the rest :D

this is the rad i will be using, im going single rad and will be cooling just the cpu for now as im still new to watercooling.

100_0136.jpg

i wanted a setup that will cope if i decide to expand in the future and the possibilty of more water blocks or even another rad. i thought i would use a good pump for the job. this is the one ive got.

100_0137.jpg

Its been a busy day but i squeezed a little work in so i pulled some bits appart to check things are going to fit etc.
my patiance was tested all evening as my neighbours were playing some kind of loud wind instrument very badly all for some hours.

100_0135.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0152.jpg

Associate
Need to take some pics of my case this weekend as I've just put the finishing touches to it (installing my ALC) it's pretty damn quiet, there is 1 thing which is keeping the noise going, not sure what it is, ALC, PSU, or 4850... Either way, it's pretty damn silent, and pretty damn cool. Getting 30 degrees temps with the ALC and 3 fractal 140mms.

Associate
OP
The tank will hopefully go next to the bays and il probably mount the pump on the floor. I will get a better idea when the rest of my parts arrive i guess and make some decisions.
I want to make a push pull fan setup on the rad but the front fan is 140mm. So far i mounted a 120mm on the front to see how it will go together and i might stick with that but i was wondering should the front and back fans on the rad be of equal rotational speed?
Since the original 140mm front fan is a lot slower and im not sure how that would effect things if i used it in front, the 120mm fan i have already that i would use on the rear side is 2000rpm.

Associate
OP
Very nice case, im thinking of getting this over the HAF922 what do you think?

I don't know much about the HAF922 but i took a look and seems quite good. I've found the k62 quite a nice case to work with so far and imo cable management is quite good. If u look at the last pic i even tidied that 24pin cable a bit more so it fits behind the mobo tray which is a good thing but the position is down to my mobo connector :(
Imo i prefer the k62 it ticked all the boxes for me & i was after a case with clean edges and no door. Im pleased with it anyhow so i would have to say i prefer this case :)

Associate
OP
Did some more work on my rig today so heres so far

100_0153.jpg

actually got more done than i had planned so i started planning my plumbing and got carried away :D

100_0169.jpg

still a lot to do but i think things are starting to fit now. Need to work a bit more on the rad & try make an adapter to fit 140mm fan to 120mm holes. any 1 knowif there is a proper adapter available?

Associate
Very nice case - am hopefully getting one for xmas! Just wondering, are the three-pin cables from the top and bottom fans long enough to reach a fan controller in one of the DVD drive bays? Just wondering if I'll need a 3-pin extension or not.

Associate
OP
Thanks loads, im trying my best to make it neat, i gotta long way to go to be anywere near as good as some of the modders in this forum but im learning a lot from them :D
The fan leads were not long enough to reach the drive bays tho as i found out last night. i bought a Zalman ZM-MFC1 which gladly come with extensions and that was a relief so yes you might need extensions if the controller dont come with.

Associate
OP
Sorry i havent posted in a while had a lot of things to do and my pc has been offline for a fair time. anyway its back up and running after some anoying complications so here is some pics of how it stands at the mo. still got a lot to do and i got painting to do but its way to cold for that and i dont have facilities. What do you think so far? :)

100_0182.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0189.jpg

100_0193.jpg

Back
Top Bottom