HTC Hero, coming July on Orange and T-Mobile, makes me want!

Associate
I have thought about getting a camera, it was just convenient to have a decent-ish camera on a phone. Now i'm stuck between the Hero and the HD2, only real cons i can see for the Hero is it could be limited with processing power/memory for apps etc. And the HD2 the big problem looks to be WinMo.

Any know if there's a workaround for BT file transfer, as i've read it can't be done on the Hero, which is another thing i use quite often.

Soldato
The bluetooth side will be fixed in android 2.0 i was reading its a thing with the current andorid its on, i can't say i had much problem with mine processing power, memory for apps is easy solved by making them boot onto the memory card when rooted.

Associate
Ah so we'd be able to upgrade to Android 2, thats cool. Not sure about the whole rooting thing, knowing my luck i'd end up bricking the phone or something.

int

int

Soldato
No need to root it now that the official updates are a big improvement on the stock ROMs.

Only reason to root at the moment is if you want to customize that little bit extra and possibly fiddle with the CPU speed :)

Associate
No need to root it now that the official updates are a big improvement on the stock ROMs.

Only reason to root at the moment is if you want to customize that little bit extra and possibly fiddle with the CPU speed :)
So apps etc can be made to boot from the memory card without rooting then now?

Soldato
Anyone switched from a Pay Monthly o2 to a Hero on T-Mobile?
I'm guessing there is a way to keep your old number?

Yes I'm dumb with this type of stuff :p
\

Call up o2 and request your pac code. When they give it to you call up t mobile and give them the pac code and it should be updated withing 2 or 3 days.

Soldato
I ordered this, this morning - So I am expecting it to arrive on tuesday/wednesday. And am wondering what kind of difference a Class 6 card makes to the one that comes with it?

Also, is a Transcend 16GB Class 6 card worth £27.99?

Thanks, Cas.

Soldato
If anyone wants to hide things on the phone shall we say be it video's or photo's download Astro File manager and do it through that, put them in a folder connected to you pc on the memory card then inside Astro pick the folder you put them in just put a . in front so for example .photos this will stop them showing up in albums.

You can even hide these sort of extensions so they don't show up when people start messing about with the phone, saw this on a forum thought some might find it useful ;) you can play and view things from the program also, so if your x was fit or something and you want the pics off you go, or if its pron you sorted. :D

int

int

Soldato
[Cas];15424184 said:
I ordered this, this morning - So I am expecting it to arrive on tuesday/wednesday. And am wondering what kind of difference a Class 6 card makes to the one that comes with it?

Also, is a Transcend 16GB Class 6 card worth £27.99?

Thanks, Cas.

Prices have come down a lot since I was looking at them! When I last looked that card was ~£50

Soldato
Anyone switched from a Pay Monthly o2 to a Hero on T-Mobile?
I'm guessing there is a way to keep your old number?

Yes I'm dumb with this type of stuff :p

I have done, just a couple of weeks back. Call O2 up, ask for your PAC and they should text it to you within 24 hours. Order the phone with T-Mobile, and when you're sure you're happy with it call them up, give them the PAC and the number will switch :)

Soldato
Soldato
I have done, just a couple of weeks back. Call O2 up, ask for your PAC and they should text it to you within 24 hours. Order the phone with T-Mobile, and when you're sure you're happy with it call them up, give them the PAC and the number will switch :)

Thanks.

Still in two minds of whether to switch to one or not. I have o2 broadband discount with the pay monthly mobile contract and then there's the fact that people say o2 generally has a better signal than T-Mobile :o

I don't particularly want an iPhone though, decisions, decisions....

Back
Top Bottom