LCD 24" + recommendations

Sul

Sul

Associate
Need a recommendation for a 24" or higher LCD - going to need it to rotate to portrait when I need it to as well. Will be using it to edit photographs, web design/development work, general computer use (web browsing etc), bit of flight sim (won't be doing much gaming though) and I read on screen a lot.

Cheers

Associate
I am currently using an LG Flatron W2452T which I find is a great monitor! Only issue I have with it is I have 1 stuck pixel (red) in the top left hand corner of the display but this is very common with monitors I suppose. Also, I only paid £214 for it :)

Associate
if u are going to use it for photo editing etc then prolly best to go for a non TN panel , something like a ips would be more up ur market

Sul

Sul

Associate
OP
Like I said, I'm flexible with the price (£300 is just a guide) - so suggestions welcome, and I do need 24" at least.

Associate
i ment the difference of a few inches for an ips panel could be a few hundered pounds , which i dont think is worth it

Sul

Sul

Associate
OP
How much are these IPS panels, out of interest? I've not looked into purchasing a new monitor for a few years, so not really clued up with the latest.

Associate
If you need your monitor for photo editing / graphics work then you should not consider a TN panel they are just not up to the job.

You will be moving your head around trying to cope with the tight viewing angles when editing an image in full screen, also the colours are not accurate and calibration can be a nightmare.

Soldato
Reading this thread, makes me want to steer a bit clear of the Dell U2410 and the HP (they use the same panel), I mean if you get a good panel - it is fantastic, but if you get a bad one (which seems reasonably likely) you are in for some extended hassle.

With that in mind, as well as your budget howabout a second-hand Dell 2407WFP A04 or 2408WFP A02? These are both very good monitors

Back
Top Bottom