Stunt Car Racer

Associate
I loved Stunt Car Racer, I used to take my Atari ST up the street to a friends house & race against him with the ST's linked, awesome.

I don't recall any sequel ever being made tho.

According to the wiki page - # A long-awaited sequel, Stunt Car Racer Pro, was announced in April, 2003. Sadly, it never came to fruition.

Man of Honour
^^indeed, that sort of limited gameplay was sufficient 20 years ago, but nowadays people would get bored of it within the hour I reckon. I mean many more recent racing games like Flatout 2, Crashday, Burnout Paradise etc are effectively giving us the same thrills and spills almost as a sideline, plus a whole lot more.

Associate
I can see where youre coming from and its probably just nostalgia talking but I still think they could do something with Stunt Car Racer. More tracks, more detail, more vehicles on track, setup tweaking, multiplayer - Im sure theres enough material to put a good modern game together, if not then a cracking Steam/Xbox live style arcade game.

The thought of flying across that huge rising draw bridge again and hoping my car wont be destroyed on landing :cool:.

Soldato
Stuntcar will work on a modern pc and it plays just the same because it was never about graphics.

The company that owns the rights to stuntcar2 went broke and no sequel on that basis is possible afaik.
He should have made something similar by now, ranks alongside elite as great gaming lost dynastys

No follow up was ever made but he made F1GP which also had very good handling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Crammond#Released

Associate
There is what I think an excellent sequel to Stunt Car Racer. Its called Jet Car Stunts and its on the iPhone.

Havnt played Stunt Car Racer in years, but its the first thing I thought of when I played this game. And from its reviews I'm not the only one.

Soldato
I remember coming across in my travels looking for a remake a version from a German group but they never finished the project as far as i know,was very good and give you the same feeling in your stomach on the hills :)

Soldato
Seriously, Fatal Racing updated with todays graphics. Would be class. :D

Definately. Split screen was also great fun

They should just bring out an internet lobby patch for Fatal racing and make it work properly in XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Stunt car racer on Amiga was great. Maybe a bit too boring now but still a fantastic game for its time

edit - fatal racing works fine in dosbox. I remembered the music from many years ago. "its, its, its fatal racing!" Then the menu music

Back
Top Bottom