*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Soldato
OP
why are ocuk telling you to contact the manufature as you bought the case from ocuk they should sort it and get it replaced ? should they not.

I will be sorting him out when he gets in contact with me!

I am going to send him the replacement fans.

The official process is to get the case returned and arrange a replacement, however their is no stock of the case left. We were out of stock of the fans at one point, maybe this was the time he asked us. We are happy to sort out the fans for him now. But I need his details, hence my previous post asking him to contact me!

Associate
I completed about half my build before I had to come into work today. I need to install my NH-D14 (I sure hope it fits!) and all cabling. I'll take some pics once I'm done. :)

Oh, btw, how tightly should I do up the hard drive screws? They obviously squash the rubber mounts, and I wasn't sure whether to leave them "loose" (not really loose, but with the rubber "unsquashed"), or if the mounts should be compressed somewhat.

Also, I used the four "odd" thumbscrews to install my SSD, as those seemed to be the only screws that fit the threads?

Associate
Oh, btw, how tightly should I do up the hard drive screws? They obviously squash the rubber mounts, and I wasn't sure whether to leave them "loose" (not really loose, but with the rubber "unsquashed"), or if the mounts should be compressed somewhat.

Let them "loose" as much as you can, but of course you need to have the screw in the HDD mounting holes at least a bit :D

Associate
I will be sorting him out when he gets in contact with me!

I am going to send him the replacement fans.

The official process is to get the case returned and arrange a replacement, however their is no stock of the case left. We were out of stock of the fans at one point, maybe this was the time he asked us. We are happy to sort out the fans for him now. But I need his details, hence my previous post asking him to contact me!
Ah right sorry did not know

Associate
hi, thanks ace modder.

can you check my details through my order number: OC923413 difficult for me to get on msn right now.

look forward to recieving my replacement as i will then have my i7 build finally complete.
cheers ace!

Associate
My case smells very strong from the bitumen. I wonder if its safe to breath in that air in the long run.
Some says you should not use it indoors at all.

Associate
Anyone done any mods to this case yet?

I want to show my system off a bit so I'm considering putting it on TOP of my desk and modding a windows + uv lights. I want to be able to turn UV lights on/off via an easily accessible button. Anyone give me some basic guidance as to what i need and how I need to do it as I've never done holes/windows/uv before?

Associate
Pleasure mate! forgot to mention about the rubber grommits, that was the only set back, but nothing which couldnt be sorted.

great purchase, and a great system you have there mate, get some pics up, be intresting to see a H50 in there

Fractal Fans are also fab, very very quiet, and move a very acceptable amount of air.

Pleasure once again! PishY :)

(Sorry for the *very* late answer. I have been busy lately.)

Thanks. It is a great system indeed. I am very, very satisfied with it. Especially now that it's housed in the Define R2. It looks like I now have the perfect combination of components :D.

I will try to post some pictures next week-end.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Ace Modder, you are the best!

Recieved the fans today, can finally finish my build off tonight, will post up some pics of my build soon when I get a chance.

Associate
Few quick snaps of my file server build, 4 x 1TB in RAID 5, 1 x 250GB OS drive. Pretty much one of the only cases that suited my needs for a quiet case with lots of HDD mounts.

14122009115.jpg

14122009116.jpg

14122009121.jpg

Back
Top Bottom